No announcement yet.

Build guns other than AR variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curious but why underfolder? it surely can't work with a mag in it , right ?

Im down , I want to build an AK soon. Better to do it with some knowledgeable ppl

i never really posted this up but I have nearly finished that draco bullpup project (CBRPS Kit) and it rocks balls . People love that thing, huge flame , trigger works fine, very compact. Total PITA to find a draco for a decent price. project was pretty smooth. Handle had to be significantly cleared bottom and rear to fit mags better
    . Mostly because the plastic mags have those large ribs at the bottom. Also I had to make a trigger stop and return spring. They are a bit crude, but this isn't exactly a thread the needle weapon. Function was 100% through with almost 200rds so far, and a bit of tuning will make the trigger even better. A rail was mounted and a vortex sparc put on it

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
      Anyone?
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
        Anyone?
        Rivet kit, semi auto fire control group, receiver rails (maybe), magazine.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Don't buy an AK receiver if it doesn't have rails, it's not worth the trouble.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Subscribing.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I'd be interested in building a draco asap.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                just curious but why underfolder? it surely can't work with a mag in it , right ?

Im down , I want to build an AK soon. Better to do it with some knowledgeable ppl

i never really posted this up but I have nearly finished that draco bullpup project (CBRPS Kit) and it rocks balls . People love that thing, huge flame , trigger works fine, very compact. Total PITA to find a draco for a decent price. project was pretty smooth. Handle had to be significantly cleared bottom and rear to fit mags better
                . Mostly because the plastic mags have those large ribs at the bottom. Also I had to make a trigger stop and return spring. They are a bit crude, but this isn't exactly a thread the needle weapon. Function was 100% through with almost 200rds so far, and a bit of tuning will make the trigger even better. A rail was mounted and a vortex sparc put on it
                Always wanted one, don't have any real explanation on why a underfolder. I wouldn't be opposed to building a fixed stock rifle with some of those battlefield pick up stocks on it also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I think ill build a side folder
                  I really don't have time right now though to figure out what all the hell i do or do not need
                  I'm just here to see if a group buy is going to happen or not
                  In the least I would think we should get the receivers ASAP, but WTF do i know
                  I'm just thinking it might make life easier if the feel good, free shit party manages to get an AWB in soon

Comment

I'm out on a GB this year, way too volatile to try and get large volume pricing.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I'm out on a GB this year, way too volatile to try and get large volume pricing.
                      THF had one going for stainless uppers, they just put it on hold because the supplier would no longer honor the dealer pricing.
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

ok , well crap thats a very good point CJ

I guess I better start seeing what parts i need to build an AK I would like.
                        Lot of damn AK variants

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          THF had one going for stainless uppers, they just put it on hold because the supplier would no longer honor the dealer pricing.
                          there you go.

Comment

You're looking for AK receivers that have the rails already bent. It's tricky to do even if you have a metal brake. Robert RTG sells them for $22.95 as well as rivet kits.

Did someone say AK build party?

Polish AKM-AKMS Receiver Blank
                            $22.95 2 $45.90
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tantal Receiver Blank
                            $22.95 2 $45.90
                            AK Rivet Set - AKM Fixed Stock
                            $8.95 1 $8.95
                            AK Rivet Set - Polish Tantal
                            $8.95 1 $8.95
                            AK Rivet Set - AK74 Sidefolder
                            $8.95 1 $8.95
                            AK Rivet Set - AKS Underfolder
                            $8.95 1 $8.95

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              You're looking for AK receivers that have the rails already bent. It's tricky to do even if you have a metal brake. Robert RTG sells them for $22.95 as well as rivet kits.

Did someone say AK build party?
                              When I said rails earlier I was referring to the receiver rails that the bolt rides on:
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                When I said rails earlier I was referring to the receiver rails that the bolt rides on:
                                http://robertrtg.com/polish_akrails.html
                                Yeah I know, I was just letting people know what to avoid, there are a lot of receivers out there that do not have the rails folded yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X