DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFWMustangs.net AK build party

So, we're currently waiting to hear from Keith as to when he thinks might be a good time to do a build party. At the moment we have accumulated just about everything necessary as far as tools to build an AK from scratch. Just a few tools remain which I believe we have gotten worked out. We do need to establish a date for the party (which will be a little in the future, given Keith's schedule) and not to mention the parts needed to build guns which will take a while to get given the recent political climate. Laastly, we need to know who all plans to come and what you're building.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I've never built an AK before but would like to give it a shot, I take it that AK parts are hard to come by right now?
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
      I've never built an AK before but would like to give it a shot, I take it that AK parts are hard to come by right now?
      Yes, they are, parts kits are the problems, receivers are relatively easy to find.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Yes, they are, parts kits are the problems, receivers are relatively easy to find.
        Well I'm in, I just need to start doing research. Maybe I'll get lucky and can score one next weekend at the Mesquite gun show.
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Im in for sure. I have all parts to build a Bulgy 74 and wana find parts to build an underfolder 47.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I would recommend people buy the receivers flats that are unbent but drilled. Turns out gat0r has the jig to bend them, and it makes life a lot easier than drilling a pre-bent jig (which he is ordering).

Comment

Good to know, are there any parts kits to stay away from?
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                Good to know, are there any parts kits to stay away from?
                by and large what makes an AK shitty is who builds it, the parts are so rudimentary they are all about the same as far as quality.

Comment

How much of a difference in price is there right now between building an AK and an AR?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    How much of a difference in price is there right now between building an AK and an AR?
                    Right now an AK is much cheaper. I don't even know what AR's are going for, but I would presume its' around 1200-1500. You can build an AK for around 500 depending on parts kit. Before all this BS you could sometimes build a complete AK for $250, sometimes as cheap as $200.

Comment

Around how much to build an ak?
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                        Around how much to build an ak?

Comment

Lolololololololololololol

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Sorry. I posted right after the same question was asked. I'll start using the refresh button.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Thanks for the help CJ, I believe I have everything ordered to build an AK
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Working...
                              X