No announcement yet.

Robo Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last three moths, my cell and work phones have been getting inundated with them more now than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      I do get the occasional Scam Likely notification, those are easy to ignore as are the numbers that identify from another state. It's the local numbers that I have to answer. I typically block them but they just get another block of numbers to call from.

I need to come up with an elaborate plan to waste their time next time they call.
      Block 99% of spam calls and texts with the leading spam call blocker app. Create a world without spam calls and get some sweet revenge along the way!

Comment

ATT Call Protect works on maybe 90% of the calls and has a good reporting mechanism.

Weirdly, for my anyways, the calls that get through are almost always showing as originating from Grand Prairie. It's to the point that I feel safe just ignoring all calls from GP. I simply never pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          great app and really works. I love the hilarity of the answer bots you can set to mess with them and waste their time. Then you get to listen to the hilarity. The Tom Mabe murder scene one is my favorite answer bot.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
            great app and really works. I love the hilarity of the answer bots you can set to mess with them and waste their time. Then you get to listen to the hilarity. The Tom Mabe murder scene one is my favorite answer bot.
            Does this require a monthly payment?

Comment

If it's a number I dont' recognize, I don't answer. If they leave a voicemail and it's a robo, blocked.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
                Does this require a monthly payment?
                Looks like it does require a monthly or yearly subscription, per Google.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  They just call back with a different number.
                  They've got millions of em. I get at least 5 calls per day, sometimes 10. I just know its one of these piece of shit stores that took my number at some point. They fooled me for a bit, cause back when that first became something that they all try to do, I was used to the old way. Where they really only ever asked for your number if they had to have it for some legitimate reason. Now they all want your phone number and your email and I always just say I don't give it out. You know those pieces of shit just sold all the emails and phone numbers they'd collected it all at some point.

I'll have to get one of these blockers you guys mentioned.
                  WH

Comment

Register your phone number to report stop or block unwanted, annoying,telemarketing, spam calls, robocalls to the FTC

Comment

I used nomorobo for a while, but I felt like I was reporting way more calls than it was blocking and finally got tired of paying to vet calls for them. If they had some feature where it was free for the month if you participated in reporting x number of calls they might lure me back, but doesn't seem worth it currently. My phone is provided by my company, so I can't get AT&T call protect. In the end, I just deal with it. I don't answer anyone not on my contact list. I'm considering making it only ring when someone on my contact list calls, but haven't quite been frustrated enough to do that yet.
                      DamonH

Comment

Whomever had my work phone # previously was wanted for all sorts of stuff, 7 months after i got the number i'm just now starting to have hours at a time where it doesn't ring. previously i would get 10-15 calls a day looking for some dude named Brandon who sounds like a real POS.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          Whomever had my work phone # previously was wanted for all sorts of stuff, 7 months after i got the number i'm just now starting to have hours at a time where it doesn't ring. previously i would get 10-15 calls a day looking for some dude named Brandon who sounds like a real POS.
                          Is your name Brandon?

I get calls for some lady named Angela Hazzard on a very regular basis. She's in all sorts of legal trouble and they somehow have my number...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            Is your name Brandon?

I get calls for some lady named Angela Hazzard on a very regular basis. She's in all sorts of legal trouble and they somehow have my number...
                            nah, and this is a work phone so who knows what name its actually registered under.

Comment

HiYa is a decent app for free on iOS. It updates semi-regularly, you can auto-block any calls that originate with the first six of your own phone number, and any calls that are flagged as spam/fraud you can block/send to VM or it will warn on caller ID that it is spam/fraud.

Today I've been "called" about 7 times, each one left a 1 second VM...so I'm good with it.

Comment

Yeah, it has been almost non stop at times here lately. I've probably got 100 or more numbers in my blocked call list. Everything from insurance to student loan relief.

I wish I could get that motherfucker Brandon on the phone and tell him to shove his life insurance up his ass.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X