No announcement yet.

Pool experts aka svo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they do make a chemical that shows when someone pees.
    I'm a true believer

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      So they do make a chemical that shows when someone pees.
      I'm a true believer
      No there is not such a product. The urea/ammonia in piss will tie up with chlorine and that is what gives pools the funky smell that most people associate with chlorine. Other organic contaminants will do the same thing. What you are smelling is referred to as chloramines. You can see them in the results of testing the water. There are two chlorine levels, one is called free chlorine and one is called combined chlorine. Free chlorine is still chemically active and fast. Combined chlorine is mostly neutralized and the chemical reactions it produces are very slow. When someone shocks a pool ( there is really no such thing as shocking, it is just slang) you are doing so to burn away the combined chlorine and its associated contaminants. I typically burn away combined chlorine by using a small amount of sodium bromide instead of adding large amounts of more chlorine. A neat bit of trivia is that free chlorine in the water has virtually no smell. You can have a chlorine level 20 to 30 times higher than normal and not even know it. I see this most often in indoor pools at health clubs where a Latino maintenance worker has been maintaining it. They just keep throwing more tabs in the dispenser without ever checking water chemistry.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        No there is not such a product. The urea/ammonia in piss will tie up with chlorine and that is what gives pools the funky smell that most people associate with chlorine. Other organic contaminants will do the same thing. What you are smelling is referred to as chloramines. You can see them in the results of testing the water. There are two chlorine levels, one is called free chlorine and one is called combined chlorine. Free chlorine is still chemically active and fast. Combined chlorine is mostly neutralized and the chemical reactions it produces are very slow. When someone shocks a pool ( there is really no such thing as shocking, it is just slang) you are doing so to burn away the combined chlorine and its associated contaminants. I typically burn away combined chlorine by using a small amount of sodium bromide instead of adding large amounts of more chlorine. A neat bit of trivia is that free chlorine in the water has virtually no smell. You can have a chlorine level 20 to 30 times higher than normal and not even know it. I see this most often in indoor pools at health clubs where a Latino maintenance worker has been maintaining it. They just keep throwing more tabs in the dispenser without ever checking water chemistry.
        What are your recommended chemical levels for a salt water pool?
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

SVO, have you ever posted as Mr. Ed?
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            What are your recommended chemical levels for a salt water pool?
            That is like asking "How high is up" and there is no answer I can accurately give without monitoring the water chemistry myself for a few weeks.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Gotta admit I like that salt water pools better too. Grandparents used to have one but switched it over due to issues. Wouldn't want to own one due to the hassle. Maybe one day they can make one that doesn't kill itself from the salt.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Gotta admit I like that salt water pools better too. Grandparents used to have one but switched it over due to issues. Wouldn't want to own one due to the hassle. Maybe one day they can make one that doesn't kill itself from the salt.
                Without recreating the universe nothing is going to change the chemistry that exists now. Salt will always be a problem.

Comment

Why does salt water make me itch?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Why does salt water make me itch?
                    Dirty butt hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Dirty butt hole.
                      I was going to say Rectal Tearing, but I'll accept that...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I was going to say Rectal Tearing, but I'll accept that...
                        No one's big enough to stretch that ass to the point it tears.

Comment

Dirty butt hole.
                          The pH for normal pool water is between 7.2 and 7.6. On a salt pool the pH climbs to the mid-to-high 8s within a couple of days and high pH makes you itch like crazy. High pH in a pool sanitized with chlorine tablets can also do the same thing.

Comment

No one's big enough to stretch that ass to the point it tears.
                            Touché...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm just messing with you. I know they dont have a chemical for pee. Pools are like boats.. I did enjoy my pool when I had one.

Comment

You can upgrade the lights at anytime. Typically I can swap 2 fixtures in under 2 hours. Sometime I will replace/repair some electrical stuff at the sametime.
                                I'm wanting to add lights where I don't currently have any though.

Comment

Working...
                                X