FYI Lone Star Gun Club temporarily shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI Lone Star Gun Club temporarily shut down

A Temp. Restraining Order was filed in Kaufman county. Hearing is on Sept 12. No shooting activities until then.

Subject: Temporary Restraining Order with injunction hearing set for September 12, 2017

Mesquite, Texas, August 30,2017 - A TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) has been filed and petitioned to the 422nd Judicial District Court of Kaufman County. The presiding Judge granted the TRO on August 30th, 2017. Therefore LoneStar Gun Club is ordered & required to cease all firearm shooting activities by court order till the hearing on Sept 12th, 2017.

Comment

What the hell would have brought this about?

I haven't been to that range in about 8 years but I used to go all of the time. Their dog loved me since I always had dog treats in my pocket.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My understanding is safety. Always heard bullets easily leave the range.

Comment

SVO used to frequent Lone Star Gun Club 7 years before it opened!
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

One that I used to be a member of in far west Fort Worth shut down years ago as a result of homes being built ever closer to the property, with the new arrivals complaining to the city about it. Since the club leased the land from the city, the city proposed significantly increased lease fees and a requirement that the club pay for cleaning up the lead from the berms and property whenever they decided to leave. The club said no thanks, shut down, and left it up to the city to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              SVO used to frequent Lone Star Gun Club 7 years before it opened!
              I went to the range that has been there for the past 40 years and did not remember the name of the place, only its location across the street from the racetrack.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                One that I used to be a member of in far west Fort Worth shut down years ago as a result of homes being built ever closer to the property, with the new arrivals complaining to the city about it..
                We need laws saying if you move in next to some noisy business, no complaints can be filed or even heard about it. They just say they don't take noise complaints in regard to x and hang up. To protect race tracks and gun ranges and other noisey shit that was there many years before idiot builders and buyers decided to go there. Let the house and land be nearly worthless. Let any builder dumb enough to do it lose 10's or hundreds of thousands of dollars.
                WH

Comment

The problem is HOAs are the specialty of lawyers, and lawyers are some litigious mother fuckers for obvious reasons. Logic and the law don't have any relation like the founding fathers intended.

Comment

The cities and counties are the biggest part of the problem. They want the surrounding land developed because they get much more tax revenue. When the land is low value because it's remote, it benefits the city and county to allow the range.. It's all about the Benjamins.

Comment

Is there an hoa complaining about Lone star? or are yall on a tangent?

Comment

There is no HOA near Lone Star. I wonder if it's because of their lack of safety. Maybe even Gibsons gun range complained. They are about 200 yards away. I haven't mapped it to see if any homes are way behind it. Shooting .50 bmg and not being careful can land a bullet miles away.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I'd heard some rumblings a couple of months ago about a neighbor or neighbors not being happy and something about not having the correct permits.

Supposedly now, the catfish pond owner next to them is the one that's filed suit. Something about the noise has driven away business. But strangely enough he didn't sue Gibson's. Something about "their bullets just sound different".

Who knows. I know the owner had some problems in the past with his old range Fusion. I wish they'd build up the berms higher in the tac bays.

Just kind of concerning that a TRO was granted. As far as I know, there should have been a hearing already, hence the granting of the TRO. Their social media posts are a bit concerning, wanting legal funding vis a vis their GoFundMe page to the tune of $20k. And wanting members input for strategies or ideas to defeat the TRO. IMO, I think they're fucked and they know it.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            I'd heard some rumblings a couple of months ago about a neighbor or neighbors not being happy and something about not having the correct permits.

Supposedly now, the catfish pond owner next to them is the one that's filed suit. Something about the noise has driven away business. But strangely enough he didn't sue Gibson's. Something about "their bullets just sound different".

Who knows. I know the owner had some problems in the past with his old range Fusion. I wish they'd build up the berms higher in the tac bays.

Just kind of concerning that a TRO was granted. As far as I know, there should have been a hearing already, hence the granting of the TRO. Their social media posts are a bit concerning, wanting legal funding vis a vis their GoFundMe page to the tune of $20k. And wanting members input for strategies or ideas to defeat the TRO. IMO, I think they're fucked and they know it.
                            TROs are pretty much always granted. They're temporary. The upcoming hearing will then allow both parties to come an argue if it should be continued until the dipsosition of the case or if it should cease and then the case can continue as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              One that I used to be a member of in far west Fort Worth shut down years ago as a result of homes being built ever closer to the property, with the new arrivals complaining to the city about it. Since the club leased the land from the city, the city proposed significantly increased lease fees and a requirement that the club pay for cleaning up the lead from the berms and property whenever they decided to leave. The club said no thanks, shut down, and left it up to the city to handle.
                              That place is now the Hip Pocket Theater. I remember going to this range with my dad as a kid. It was on Silver Creek rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X