Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro, loud.

Comment

I'm not an accident investigator (but my dad used to consult for some), but that is definitely an exit hole in the windshield. You can tell the glass was pushed out and not in at the hole site. Given the cage and where that pole entered the car on the passenger side, that exit angle looks pretty possible. A few measurements and angles could be measured on site from skid marks too. I'd venture to say based on the photos the driver had no chance at all and he passed away very abruptly.

High HP short wheel based cars with bad aero have always been a problem. That's the bad part about Fox Mustangs, the aero is terrible. I remember seeing photos of Cartech's '87 to '89 GT at Daytona running over 170 and the rear tires almost leaving the ground due to the lift on the rear deck at speed.

This isn't the first Mustang I've seen swap ends at over 100 either. It doesn't take much of a turn for it to happen. The Corvette has always been the king of high speed stability in the US. 3rd and 4th gen Camaros were better than their Mustang counterparts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Any moron can tell that the hole in the windshield is from the pole he hit. Well, there is one moron who can't....
        Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        I'm not an accident investigator (but my dad used to consult for some), but that is definitely an exit hole in the windshield. You can tell the glass was pushed out and not in at the hole site. Given the cage and where that pole entered the car on the passenger side, that exit angle looks pretty possible. A few measurements and angles could be measured on site from skid marks too. I'd venture to say based on the photos the driver had no chance at all and he passed away very abruptly.

High HP short wheel based cars with bad aero have always been a problem. That's the bad part about Fox Mustangs, the aero is terrible. I remember seeing photos of Cartech's '87 to '89 GT at Daytona running over 170 and the rear tires almost leaving the ground due to the lift on the rear deck at speed.

This isn't the first Mustang I've seen swap ends at over 100 either. It doesn't take much of a turn for it to happen. The Corvette has always been the king of high speed stability in the US. 3rd and 4th gen Camaros were better than their Mustang counterparts too.
        go away Al, you're an idiot.

Comment

This fox body i have now is my very first ever, and only the second one i have ever driven, as well as my first car on slicks and runners. I have gotten it crossed up a couple of times and definitely scared the shit out of myself and I've decided to keep it off the streets mostly. My son will never be in it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
            go away Al, you're an idiot.
            My third cousin used to do crash reports for Ralph Nader so you are wrong.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This fox body i have now is my very first ever, and only the second one i have ever driven, as well as my first car on slicks and runners. I have gotten it crossed up a couple of times and definitely scared the shit out of myself and I've decided to keep it off the streets mostly. My son will never be in it either.
              Hopefully you go through the windshield of that fucking thing soon so we won't have to see you posting here any more.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

thanks for the well wishes.

sincerely,

the shitbag

Comment

RIP to Mr. Hudson.

Comment

Doesn't that car only make like 300 rwhp ?
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                      Doesn't that car only make like 300 rwhp ?
                      Those 12 second cars are scary.

Comment

My guess is that it had rained recently judging from the soft earth that was peeled up... Mix that, high humidity and slicks is a recipe for a disaster. At least he went out doing what he loved.

R.i.p.

Comment

That sucks man....Another mustang wreck. RIP!
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                            My guess is that it had rained recently judging from the soft earth that was peeled up... Mix that, high humidity and slicks is a recipe for a disaster. At least he went out doing what he loved.

R.i.p.
                            The ground gets soaked every night from dew in AL and the soil is always like that unless you are close to the coast.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Pussy....

Comment

You would be incorrect. It actually says in the copied text that he passed away at the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                                X