anyone about to watch street outlaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    You guys need to put yourself in the Discovery Channel's shoes... They are trying to cater to the biggest audience as possible. Believe it or not, racing may interest only about 10%-15% of the population. So the other 85% has to be hooked somehow and that is with dramatic scenarios. Trust me, I would love to have a show on national television that showed race after race after race for an hour straight every Monday night at 9pm. Try not to be so critical of it. Sit back, have a few laughs and see some badass cars race. Only suggestion I have is to turn the damn *beep* button off. Just blank out what they are saying. That damn beep button was driving me nuts.
    i feel the same way. Im just glad theyre making car shows, even if they are cheezy. if they werent nobody would watch and they would get cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
      No disrespect to you but that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Boosted explained it pretty good, the cars are set up for completely different races.
      No disrespect to you but some of the fastest cars in the world make it to the TX Mile. They aren't purpose built for top speed, a lot of them just make a ton of power. Think about how hard it is to go from 0-250mph from a stop in a mile. At the 1/4 mark even with no kind of 60ft or traction it's still going to be somewhere in the 9s at 160+.

Comment

Reminds me of railhead back in the day until some guy lost it into a tractor trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Fastest street cars in the country? Maybe in the county. They should all head down to a Texas Mile race and see what they can do with a 1500hp Gallardo.

I understand where you are coming from, but I feel you have used the wrong example. The Texas mile and 1/8 mile drag racing are 2 completely different types of racing. (I know that you know that) These guys strictly do 1/8 mile (maybe 1/4 mile, I'm not 100% sure.) Your comparison to the 2 racing disciplines do not make sense.

That being said,I know what you were trying to say. When Chief said that "Oklahoma City has the fastest street cars in the country" (I'm paraphrasing) you probably yelled at the TV and said BULLSHIT!! I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way, but keep in mind, just as Chris said, it's all for TV, and designed to achieve ratings.

Are there faster cars on the street in other parts of the country?? You bet your ass! Are the OKC cars pictured in the show, fast street cars? You bet your ass! Chief is simply putting it out there, and until someone proves him wrong, what he says is true. I think it's a genius thing he's doing to be honest. Think of all the doors that are opened with that one comment....... Discovery Channel could market that quote and have another season with OKC vs St Louis or OKC vs LA etc etc. The list could go on. I went with Chris to do an OKC vs Texas filming for the show and had a blast. I can say with 100% certainty those cars are fast...real fast but I'm sure there are faster out there. I kind of hope Discovery Channel will do an OKC vs (insert city) episode series soon. That would be great!
          Last edited by jason07; 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
            Yes the list is real, nothing on the show is staged that is how those guys up there live there life's. Chris and a few others from here will be on one of the last episodes this year.
            This is true. I hear one of them got a second mortgage on their house to get a Proline or similar motor. I will never get in that deep.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              No disrespect to you but some of the fastest cars in the world make it to the TX Mile. They aren't purpose built for top speed, a lot of them just make a ton of power. Think about how hard it is to go from 0-250mph from a stop in a mile. At the 1/4 mark even with no kind of 60ft or traction it's still going to be somewhere in the 9s at 160+.
              Texas mile is a great venue for those who like that kind of racing. It draws big crowds. Me, I dont care for it. 1/8 mile drag racing is exciting because a spectator can watch the whole race start to finish. IMO anybody can make a fast car run a mile fast. Making that same car hook up and run fast in an 1/8th mile race in that distance takes some talent. Especially on the street.

Peace Out
              Unc

Comment

I like the show, it will be better when the Texas guys makes it on though.

People want to watch a racing show then when they make one you just bitch about it. I mean I'm kinda sick of past time but its better than sponge bob. I got a 5 year old and that's all she wants to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post
                  I like the show, it will be better when the Texas guys makes it on though.

People want to watch a racing show then when they make one you just bitch about it. I mean I'm kinda sick of past time but its better than sponge bob. I got a 5 year old and that's all she wants to watch.
                  My 7yo loves Pass time! She will make a score board and everything, ask me my guess and compare it to the people on the show.

I like to keep it on as background noise while I work on projects, but had to quit DVR'ing it because that show comes on like 4 times a day.

I would like the Outlaw show better if it looked less scripted, but will take what I can get. I'll keep watching.

Comment

i just wish they didnt call them street cars,they are full blown drag cars racing on prepped streets, none of them are actually street legal, (no cats, no horns, no airbags ,slicks, etc , etc)
                    00 TT gt
                    634 @10psi

04 cobra
                    560whp

Comment

Originally posted by eric 2v gt View Post
                      i just wish they didnt call them street cars,they are full blown drag cars racing on prepped streets, none of them are actually street legal, (no cats, no horns, no airbags ,slicks, etc , etc)
                      They call them street raced cars... They all have tags, insurance, and can drive around on the street in Oklahoma.
                      I've had cops sitting behind me at stop lights in my fox on slicks, 12 point cage, no airbags, no cats, and no horn. The only time one of them has even given me a second look was the cop that gave me a thumbs up as he passed me.

Thread save with a little Boostedgt
                      Last edited by Mike; 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Haha thanks Mike!
                        2004 Cobra
                        www.boostedgt.com
                        www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Yep. No inspection in OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                            Yep. No inspection in OK.
                            everything can be called a street car up there lol

Comment

[/QUOTE]

I was at that meet, had a blast, Chris and JB walked all over Rickey's Vette!
                              Chick came up to our table and was talking smack about her boyfriend's car would run anyone. I think JB said for 500 and she changed her tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                                I was at that meet, had a blast, Chris and JB walked all over Rickey's Vette!
                                Chick came up to our table and was talking smack about her boyfriend's car would run anyone. I think JB said for 500 and she changed her tune![/QUOTE]

And it's still funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X