Cell phone signal booster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone signal booster?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a booster? We have a metal house with a metal roof which kills our signal inside the house. If I step outside I can get 4-5 bars, inside it's barely 1. The options I have found are $300-400.

Wilson

Comment

Do you have ATT or Verizon?

If you have either, and have a HD voice(voLTE) capable cell phone, and internet with WIFI, you can turn on WIFI calling and you will use signal of the wifi to connect to network.

Comment

I use microcell for att and works great
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            Do you have ATT or Verizon?

If you have either, and have a HD voice(voLTE) capable cell phone, and internet with WIFI, you can turn on WIFI calling and you will use signal of the wifi to connect to network.
            I have Verizon and an iPhone 6s.

I'll check into the Wilson unit. We don't have Internet providers in our area except satellite. So we use our phones as a hot spot to watch movies and what not. Inside the house we get less then 1mb download speed. I can step outside and it gets roughly 20-22mb.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              I have Verizon and an iPhone 6s.

I'll check into the Wilson unit. We don't have Internet providers in our area except satellite. So we use our phones as a hot spot to watch movies and what not. Inside the house we get less then 1mb download speed. I can step outside and it gets roughly 20-22mb.

Well that sucks. All iphones 6 and above have WIFI calling, and many of the new android phones as well, both on ATT and Verizon. Not sure of other carries, but those 2 I do know have it. When ever you get some internet out there, toggle the WIFI calling on those phones and follow the prompts on the phone and you'll have same signal strength as the WIFI.

I did think about the Wilson few years ago since I have shit signal in my house. When I found out about the new phones, I waited and upgraded. Now, that's only way I can talk on my cell phone, is when I'm on WIFI at home.

Comment

Hello! I'm a spammer that was just banned, you may ignore me.
                Last edited by Tx Redneck; 06-24-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X