• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    That is pure fucking sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      That is pure fucking sex.
      It is idling just a bit high but the nice thing about this holley ecu, that is a click of the mouse from getting changed.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Quartermaster may be able to make a custom ceramic/feramic twin for you.
        They took the specs for a high HP bimmer twin and made a few to order at great prices. I might get one a few years down the road if my 8 puck can't hold.
        Ded

Comment

• Or install an auto
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• American Powertrain called me back yesterday. They are who bought the rights to Zoom's d2 clutch that i have. Replacement 8.75" discs are available for about $189. Not bad BUT the problem might be the hat itself doesn't have enough clamping force. They have another hat that has a higher clamping rating. They also have been able to use 9.125" discs in both old an the new hat if the flywheel surface us big enough.

Tomorrow the clutch comes out and I can look at it.

Comment

• Finally left the neighborhood with it today. My take away from this short voyage to Saginaw taught me.

1. I need to put the vent fitting on the fuel tank. I filled up but she left a nice puddle on the ground. Easy fix.

2. Powermaster alternator us toast. Luckily I was in autozone's parking lot when I noticed that we weren't charging, again. I gather my wife to take me home and picked up the factory one and slapped it on. They both got tested inside vatozone and the powermaster failed.

3. I need to mark off exactly a 2 mile course to calibrate the speedo with.

4. It is fun to drive but the clutch is shit for my needs.

Comment

• maybe you could use a gps app on your phone for the speedo?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  maybe you could use a gps app on your phone for the speedo?
                  An option. But still need to get this one calibrated.

Comment

• So Keith drove all the way out to my shop, only to find out that a friend of mine had already gotten my transmission jack! Dangit! I'm sorry man. Hope you were able to get one at HF. Good to see you though!
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      So Keith drove all the way out to my shop, only to find out that a friend of mine had already gotten my transmission jack! Dangit! I'm sorry man. Hope you were able to get one at HF. Good to see you though!
                      Hahaha, I wasn't going to mention it. The drive wasn't bad and i appreciated you making a good offering. i grabbed one at harbor freight and plan to put it to use after this car show today.

Comment

• Stock alternator in and you can see that there seems to be plenty of room between the turbo and it.

Blanket on and another thick layer of heat barrier stuffed in between.

Case still gets in the upper 200's.

Good news, bad news. Took it to a car show at the church today. Won best on class for mustangs newer than 1980.

Bad news, it poured on us. That was fun to drive home with the rear drag radials

Now it is time to pull the transmission and clutch. Blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Hahaha, I wasn't going to mention it. The drive wasn't bad and i appreciated you making a good offering. i grabbed one at harbor freight and plan to put it to use after this car show today.
                          Man, I felt really bad. Glad you got one.

Congrats on the trophy! Maybe you should get into show cars.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Turbo looks small.

Comment

• Man that front licence plate holder is a buzzkill. I'm sure you've heard that before though....lol
                              2012 GT500

Comment

• Clutch is out. Now it is time to buy a new one and sell off this one from aluminum flywheel to the pressure plate and disc assembly. Practically brand new. Great for a bolt on or power adder motor that makes less than 600rwhp and wants a ready to run light weight setup.

Anyone else with a T56 recognize this adapter for the pivot ball?

The trans was not fun to pull. Big thanks to cobrajet69/David for helping me today. I separated the trans from the bell housing first. Also my first mistake. I should have left it and pulled the bell from the block first. Then I could pull the whole thing at once. Going back in I will just do one shot stab.

Comment

Working...
                                X