Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
    Are you trying to say Solo list money because DongLover was in it?
    I liked it. Every recent movie someone bitches about Disney pushing a gender or race. Disney's only issue is over-saturation. If they had waited 5 years between flicks it would have blew it out of the water. Kind of like the super hero movies. I started watching some of the Marvell stuff and then realized they had a spin off for every character. I was out. So aliens are ok, and they almost always speak English, but no black people made it to space?
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Yeah, it just seemed like market over saturation to me. But it seems like they were trying to connect a public reaction to DongLover's This is America and the movie failure.
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Why would I go see a movie where the underlying theme is to denigrate everything I am: white, male, straight, conservative. I'm not entertained by that garbage and I don't have to bankroll them.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I liked it. Every recent movie someone bitches about Disney pushing a gender or race. Disney's only issue is over-saturation. If they had waited 5 years between flicks it would have blew it out of the water. Kind of like the super hero movies. I started watching some of the Marvell stuff and then realized they had a spin off for every character. I was out. So aliens are ok, and they almost always speak English, but no black people made it to space?
          They can't even swim. How well do you expect them to do in Zero G?

It's just a joke you fucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Why would I go see a movie where the underlying theme is to denigrate everything I am: white, male, straight, conservative. I'm not entertained by that garbage and I don't have to bankroll them.
            Are you talking about Solo? I haven't seen it but I also didnt hear anything about it like that.
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Anything sexier than a cute Viet chick talking about the 2nd Amendment?

Last edited by sc281; 06-05-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                Are you trying to say Solo list money because DongLover was in it?
                Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                Are you talking about Solo? I haven't seen it but I also didnt hear anything about it like that.

Not just him, specifically, but the whole Star Wars reboot and the SJW Wars of virtue signalling that go on before and after each release.

Most recently for this movie it was

"This is America" timed to release a few weeks before by one of the stars to gin up racial strife. Just like they did with Boyega in Force Awakens

And showing support for gun control by removing Han's gun from promo material

And Lando going pansexual

That's not even getting into the Last Jedi's "so brave" decision to cast one of their main character's love interest as a dumpy woman and then blame "the patriarchy" when fans expecting hotness a la princess Leia get this instead:

And you know they had to work at it because here's how the actress actually looks:

And the aforementioned John Boyega in The Force Awakens bullshit "racial" controversy.

As if anyone gave a shit that Lando was black or that Vader was a black dude.... or that Mace Windu was Samuel L Motha Fuckin Jackson

Hell, we idolized them.

All of this is a culmination of executives running the story into the ground to tick off politcallly correct boxes and win PC brownie (are we allowed to say "brown"?) points.

leaving a goodly portion of the target audience inexplicably yearning for the good ole days of episode 1 - when it was just one annoying character that ruined the movie...
                Last edited by sc281; 06-05-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• And when fake news cnn has to call you out on your lie, that's saying something.

April Ryan is a member of the White House press corps. You may know her by her unfailing ability to ask a racial question every. Single. Time she asks one.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            Why would I go see a movie where the underlying theme is to denigrate everything I am: white, male, straight, conservative. I'm not entertained by that garbage and I don't have to bankroll them.
                            I had a feeling that this movie was going to get shit on by everyone. I sold my Disney stock because I feel like they have took every thing Lucas did and turned it into a steaming shit pile. Bob Iger needs to fire everyone involved with this dumpster fire and then retire. Like.... tomorrow.

Episode VII and VIII were both social justice warrior themed garbage and that shit has no place in any science fiction movie. The core audience doesn't fucking care about it and people have gone to see the movies in spite of it.

It is no coincidence that Rogue One was absolutely full of minorities, had no hints in the script about oppression or any of that other phoney baloney bullshit and did so well. It was a good story and that is all the movies need to be. I'm not hoping my kids watch this shit and become empowered in the area of social justice. Not sure why Disney feels like this is necessary but obviously they are fucking clueless. I am happy to teach them a lesson though.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X