2020 Gardening Thread? Why not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Gardening Thread? Why not!

We got the notion to try our hand at gardening, so this is the culmination of the last week, exactly today.

If you see where something just is all wrong 8 ways to Sunday, please tell me, I've a lot of effort and money into this.

Tx

looks good! we threw together a 10x12 raised bed garden out back a few weeks ago, plan on adding uprights and netting today as the deer/groundhogs/rabbits are starting to munch on the lettuce. I'll try and get some pics up in the near future

Comment

LOL, Every ones pandemic garden. I won't lie I thought about a chicken coop and a garden but I fucking hate veggies, well except cauliflower and broccoli. Hmmmm, now I am going to go look. I don't think I could raise a cow on an acre though.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You didn't try your hand, you went all in!

Looks nice. My wife has a 12x12 raised bed garden - she's doing "square foot gardening". Last count was 35 some-odd different vegetables, herbs and fruits in the 12x12. The we've got potatoes, corn, blackberries, blueberries, grapes and a bunch of fruit trees outside of the 12x12, spread out in smaller beds or just randomly planted.

I can say I've never eaten tastier cantaloupe than the ones we grew in our little garden last year. I'm looking forward to more soon. My kids keep a close eye on the strawberry, blackberry and blueberry plants. They raid them daily.

We've also got 20 chickens, 6 goats, 5 beehives and two Great Pyrenees to keep the coyotes at bay.

Comment

Thanks gents, I'm not the biggest veggie guy either @kingjason, but I've grown to appreciate them ans they've been key to me beginning to lose weight again.

I don't know if the sun is "different" up here, but I always scald if I'm in it too long in Texas, up here, I tanned.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            LOL, Every ones pandemic garden. I won't lie I thought about a chicken coop and a garden but I fucking hate veggies, well except cauliflower and broccoli. Hmmmm, now I am going to go look. I don't think I could raise a cow on an acre though.
            I don't know where you live, but check your city ordinance for chickens. We're only supposed to have 4 hens and no roosters because I'm in city limits. We're on 8 acres and no one is close enough to hear or see anything other than my dogs barking at the 'yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              I don't know where you live, but check your city ordinance for chickens. We're only supposed to have 4 hens and no roosters because I'm in city limits. We're on 8 acres and no one is close enough to hear or see anything other than my dogs barking at the 'yotes.
              My actual city is a joke and county shags the calls out here. I tore the Chicken coop down when I moved in. It was decent but I wasn't dealing with that, plus the back yard was a over run mess. Guy across the street has a horse on his acre and everyone on the street tells him he can graze in their yard. There are also 6 turkeys that roam the plains out here. Some kids were screwing with them the other day and I thought they were going to come hang out with me in the garage. Everyone around here is on 1 to maybe 100 acres and mainly keep to themselves. Last year when the city folk just west of here started bitching about fireworks they learned the hard way about fucking with country folk. Fireworks started running in 8 hours shifts I think. It has its good and bad points. My neighbors newest man "breeds" mutts, so I have like 10 dogs next door.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Last year when the city folk just west of here started bitching about fireworks they learned the hard way about fucking with country folk. Fireworks started running in 8 hours shifts I think.
                That's hilarious!

Comment

Added some pics from just a few minutes ago, we're gon have some produce pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X