New in door Range coming to Mckinney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in door Range coming to Mckinney

A request for a specific-use permit to allow a firearms and ammunition store in an indoor gun range called The Range in McKinney was approved June 23 by McKinney Planning & Zoning Commissioners.

"A request for a specific-use permit to allow a firearms and ammunition store in an indoor gun range called The Range in McKinney was approved June 23 by McKinney Planning & Zoning commissioners.

The site at 415 Industrial Blvd., McKinney, is an unoccupied warehouse, according to meeting documents. The applicant said he intends to construct the interior to suit the use of a shooting range, with slight modifications to the exterior of the building.

The Range in McKinney would include an estimated 18 shooting lanes with a distance of 25 yards. It would also have two classrooms, with classes taught by National Rifle Association-certified instructors, as well as a retail store, a lounge area to spectate shootings, a video simulation training system, and membership opportunities, according to meeting documents.

McKinney staff had given the proposed development a negative recommendation, citing concerns for loud and sporadic noises from the shooting range. To mitigate the sound, applicant Thom H. Beyer is enclosing the walls of the range with several layers of cinderblock, spray foam insulation and sheet rock.

“With this design, we will not only contain projectiles but also significantly reduce the amount of sound heard from outside of the range area,” Beyer said in a letter to commissioners. “An engineer specializing in sound abatement is working with our architect, Mustard Design, to ensure proper design for this location.”

The shooting range would also employ an estimated 23 full-and part-time employees, Beyer said in his letter.

“We want people to bring their kids here and feel comfortable that they’re there shooting,” he said.

Commissioners appreciated the efforts to mitigate the noise from the range and approved the specific-use permit as long as the efforts to reduce the sound were attached to the project.

The request for the permit will be sent to McKinney City Council July 21 with a favorable recommendation from commissioners."

Just what the area needs, another indoor gun range.

Comment

Need more outdoor long ranges.....

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        Need more outdoor long ranges.....
        I want an Indoor Tac range/ shoot house so I can get my lazy operator on in a nice 72 degree variable lit facility, no matter what the weather conditions or time of day

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          I want an Indoor Tac range/ shoot house so I can get my lazy operator on in a nice 72 degree variable lit facility, no matter what the weather conditions or time of day
          I'll take whatever you're smoking!

Comment

yeah, another 25 yard indoor range is not exactly breaking new ground here....

Comment

Maybe one mile from my office (if my WFH ends). Looks like I can have regular lunch plans now!

Comment

Such an original name, too
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                X