No announcement yet.

Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone here at work is asking me where I buy my ammo. I laugh. You buy it when you don't need it is what I tell em. Then you can find it everywhere.

That being said, ive got some 22 im absolutely not going to shoot. Probably about 1500 rounds of various brands id let go if anyone is desperate. Its good stuff I just found one particular factory load that my rifles really like and I separated out anything that wasn't that in my supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      If someone has a cpl boxes of 9mm they wouldn’t mind parting with please pm me.
      What kind are you looking for..cheap target ammo or defense?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        What kind are you looking for..cheap target ammo or defense?
        I am glad I have "hoarded" so much ammo over the years and haven't made it to the range to deplete my supply.

I'm still living off 1000 rnds of subsonic 147 9mm I bought during black friday in 2016 lol

And truff to the .300blk ammo, I wanted to build a .300BLK SBR, but at the price of the ammo, just bought a standard 5.56 10.5" upper since I already have so much ammo.

Comment

I'm building my 8" 300BLK Pistol for when my can gets out of NFA jail later this year. I already reload so I'll just have to get dies for this one. I've got about 300-500 pieces of brass already and just ordered 500 projectiles yesterday so I should be set. I've got thousands of .223 already and plenty more to load if/when I need it... I just rarely shoot my rifles.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I'm still stocked up from the obama era, just really don't get out and shoot much any more unless its deer season.

Comment

300blk really benefits from reloading I cast lead 230gr or 247gr bullets for about .05 and powder coat them.

About cost
              .05 bullet
              .03 primer
              .05 powder
              .07 once fire case (if no range pickups)
              —————-
              .20 Or .13 when you reuse the same case next time.
              1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
              2006 Mustang GT Stock
              1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

I picked up 800 rounds of .45 recently, i feel a little better but still not good enough to go shooting every few days like I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  i've got a couple k of various rounds, try to keep a few hundred in every caliber but it can be a challenge. i was having a hard time paying 28 or 31c a rd for 223 a while back, now i'm kicking myself for not buying more
                  you can still snag it at that price...but it will be cheap steel cased stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    I am glad I have "hoarded" so much ammo over the years and haven't made it to the range to deplete my supply.

I'm still living off 1000 rnds of subsonic 147 9mm I bought during black friday in 2016 lol

And truff to the .300blk ammo, I wanted to build a .300BLK SBR, but at the price of the ammo, just bought a standard 5.56 10.5" upper since I already have so much ammo.
                    I started stocking up regularly sometime around 2013-2014. I have enough of every caliber I own to get by for quite a while.

Comment

For the casual collector / shooter id say you need to keep bare minimum 1k rounds of every caliber you own in emergency do not touch reserves unless its some bizarre shit you don't shoot often.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        I'm building my 8" 300BLK Pistol for when my can gets out of NFA jail later this year. I already reload so I'll just have to get dies for this one. I've got about 300-500 pieces of brass already and just ordered 500 projectiles yesterday so I should be set. I've got thousands of .223 already and plenty more to load if/when I need it... I just rarely shoot my rifles.
                        My cans got out of jail last week!!!!! Now I just need to get somewhere to shoot...quietly!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          $5 a round. No lowballers, i know what i have!!!!!!!!!
                          Damn Reggie in the house errbody!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            My cans got out of jail last week!!!!! Now I just need to get somewhere to shoot...quietly!
                            Nice, what'd you get? The one I'm waiting on is a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 cal.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              Nice, what'd you get? The one I'm waiting on is a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 cal.
                              For my .22s The Scoundrel: http://www.texassilencercompany.com/#scoundrel

For my .300 AAC/5.56 Omega 300: https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-300/

I liked the quick change on the Omega so went with it. I bought an extra muzzle brake to put on one of my 5.56s, so I can go between it and the 300 quickly. Should be fun.

I think I'm going to get 2 more working ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                                For my .22s The Scoundrel: http://www.texassilencercompany.com/#scoundrel

For my .300 AAC/5.56 Omega 300: https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-300/

I liked the quick change on the Omega so went with it. I bought an extra muzzle brake to put on one of my 5.56s, so I can go between it and the 300 quickly. Should be fun.

I think I'm going to get 2 more working ASAP.
                                Nice... I'm going to get a 2nd muzzle QD for my 5.56 as well and use the can on both. I've also got a Rex Silentium SEG for my .22 that is awesome, for $200 it's hard to beat.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X