• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Lincoln is tits

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      That Lincoln is tits
      It is on my build list. Here it is with my smoothies. When I finally get around to it, it will get a twin turbo 5.0 and pearl white paint.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Should be shipping my first orders Saturday! Wheel sleeves will be here Friday. My test pieces should be in the hands of some instagrammers Thursday with reviews shortly after. Hopefully, my posts on IG and Facebook combined with the reviews will kick up some orders.

My take on this, if I cover the cost of the aluminum sleeves, design cost, and time to print, I'll be happy. If I sell enough to cover the cost of the printer and resin, I'll consider it a success. If I create a somewhat steady revenue stream for my hobby and still have time to build, I will mark one in the win column!

Expenses so far:

Printer: $270
        Resin: $48 (1L)
        Wheel sleeves: $59
        Design cost for 4 wheel designs: $63

Comment

• Officially started selling!

Comment

• Awesome

Comment

• Well, it is 2020. Almost time for a new show season. The 3 big shows I have planned for this year is the MCMA Showdown in March, Nationals in kansas City in June, and the show in Houston in July. That means it is time to freshen up the rotation. I sold my Wrangler Monte Carlo yesterday for $100, so I need to replace that with something. I have a few that I can take to the Showdown, all of them can go to Kansas City, and Houston will require an entirely new line up.

To start, a 1/32 scale Camaro with some pri ted parts and finishing up the '41 Chevy truck. Both have been painted with acrylic paint, which has surprised me so far. All they need is clear.

Horndby 1/32 Camaro. 3D printed recaros and it will get printed wheels/tires as well.

Comment

• Next is the '41 Chevy truck. Mostly box stock. I had to clearance the rear fenders for the wheels to tuck all of the way. I'm not sure yet if I will do a wood bed, or paint the plastic wood textured bed to look realistic. Engine will be an LS1 with individual throttle bodies for a classic look.

Comment

• This will be done by Houston for sure, I haven't decided if I want to compete with myself and the Chevelle I showed at Houston last year. The Chevelle is going to the showdown and Kansas City.

This is, or will be, the hood for the second gen Camaro I showed earlier in the thread. I commissionsed some hood vents, nd they came out pretty damn sweet. Now, I need to hack up the hood and mount them. This one is getting an LS9, closeout panels under the hood, hopefully a semi custom interior, etc.

Comment

• The 41 Chevy truck is coming along.

I'm hoping I can fit this LSx with individual throttle bodies without much trouble.

Comment

• That truck is looking pretty great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        That truck is looking pretty great.
                        Thanks! Hoping I can get the stance right. I'm having to manipulate the front I beam.

Trying to keep scratch building and fab work to a minimum!

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          hoping i can get the stance right.

Sent from my sm-g973u using tapatalk
                          is it just me or is it real hard to get a model to sit at the right height? They always seem to sit like 4x4's.

Comment

• Yep. It is probebly due to ease of assembly and bing "accurate". When you get modifying, all sorts of interference issues come about. Whether it is ground clearance or rear end interfering with the chassis pan.

On this, it isn't accurate how I am lowering it. In the rear I made some lowering blocks with aluminum tube, which ends up giving zero travel in the rear suspension, lol. This morning I had a lightbulb idea for the front suspension. I was going to have to trim the hubs back for the wheels to fit. After looking at it, I realized I could heat and manipulate the Ibeam. I bent it and now have the width correct. I'mgoing to stretch it tonight to get the drop I need.

Comment

• I'm going to try to do a nascar model with one side being the 2000 Bobby Labonte paint scheme and the 2002 Tony Stewart paint scheme. Both when they won the championship with Joe Gibbs. All 3 are going into the hall of fame.

Won't be the level of detail you do, but I've gotten the itch to make a few.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Sounds pretty sweet! I saw a Dale Sr. Build on a new camaro nascar body that was a mixup of all of his schemes over the years.

I'd love to see a few of you guys put something together and hit a local show with me!

I made some progress on the 1/32 first gen camaro. I like these small scales because they are simple, and go together quickly. This one has taken a bit longer because I had some issues getting the tires sized right for the wheels. I think I finally sorted that out! Box stock with the addition of printed wheels/tires and the Recaros. I don't have plans to use the penske decals or numbers. Built kind of as a track day car in the spirit of the penske/sonoco Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X