Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice job deputy

Lmao at asian drivers.....again.

ROCKWALL —A sheriff's deputy is being hailed a hero after pulling two young women from a sinking car early Saturday morning —moments before it slipped beneath the surface of Lake Ray Hubbard.

"I saw the two females in the back seat," said Deputy Keven Rowan of the Rockwall County Sheriff's Office. "I was like, 'I got to get them out!'"

Rowan spotted the submerged Honda Civic shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday while he was patrolling the shoreline. Moments earlier, the car's driver, Ngac Do of Garland, had mistaken a boat ramp for a road at Robertson Park in Dallas and drove into the lake. She and her cousin got lost while driving home from dinner.

Rowan, a five-year deputy, never saw the car until he happened to glance down the ramp and notice headlights thirty feet from the shore. "I don't know what it is," Rowan said of the timing. "I guess it wasn't those girls' time, and I guess I was at the right place at the right time."

Inside the car, Do, 20, and her cousin, Nhi Tran, 21, were scrambling to get out of the sinking sedan. The women recently moved to the United States from Vietnam and attend a local community college.

"We call 911," Do said. "I call them twice, but they kept asking me, 'Where I am?' I don't really know where I am." When Do lowered the driver's side window to escape, she said water flooded in. "The water was up to my neck," she said. She was especially worried since her cousin can't swim. "I was thinking I was going to die," Tran said. "I was scared a lot."
    With backup on the way, Rowan grabbed his window punch, a small tool that shatters windows, and swam out to the car in the 52-degree water. His squad car's dashboard camera recorded the rescue.

"They had their heads pressed against the roof of the vehicle, and were screaming at me to hurry up to try and get them out," Rowan said.

He pulled both women to safety seconds before the car disappeared into the lake. "It's just absolutely incredible he happened to be at that location at that particular time," said Rockwall County Sheriff Harold Eavenson.

"If he hadn't been there, those girls would have drowned... no question." Do and Tran agree that their fate was in the hands of Deputy Rowan. "I want to say thanks to him," Do said. "He saved our life, and I don't even know how he find us!"
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-01-2012, 01:30 AM.

only the missing from that story is "we love him long time".

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      only the missing from that story is "we love him long time".
      LOL. I kept reading/hearing it in the Full Metal Jacket hooker voice. "5 dollars is all my mom allows me to spend"

Comment

Ah, in the wee hours of the morning, unfamiliar with the area...still hard to see it happening. Aren't those boat docks usually marked 20 different ways and STEEP?

Just a week ago - there would have been no water.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

As I was reading the drivers comments, I was hearing it in this voice...
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

You'd be amazed. I'm pretty sure this is the same ramp that they found the other car a few months ago. If it is, it's a straight shot into the water.

Edit: i cant share the link from my device, but do a google map search for Dalrock Rd. Its a dragstrip right into the water.

Otherbboat ramps at least put a parking lot in the way so you have to snake your way around before getting to the ramp.

Comment

I hope he kept their numbers.

The only thing better than Asian pussy is GRATEFUL Asian pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Aren't those boat docks usually marked 20 different ways and STEEP?
                I'm pretty sure I know which ramp that is and it's very gradual unlike most boat ramps. I don't remember how well it's marked and I haven't used it in years. The City of Dallas doesn't spend much on maintenance in that park so I wouldn't expect much.

Comment

Comment

Awesome!
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Cool! I met Officer Rowan just recently. He came out to my place to take a report of some roofing shingles being stolen. We chatted a bit and seemed like a pretty cool dude. Car guy too.

I thought that park was still under Dallas jurisdiction though?

Comment

Great job by the deputy, he's a hero.

And I think all Asians should be required by law to drive with their hazzards on at all times for public safety.

Comment

Only Asian women would mistake a boat ramp for a street.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                            You'd be amazed. I'm pretty sure this is the same ramp that they found the other car a few months ago. If it is, it's a straight shot into the water.

Edit: i cant share the link from my device, but do a google map search for Dalrock Rd. Its a dragstrip right into the water.

Otherbboat ramps at least put a parking lot in the way so you have to snake your way around before getting to the ramp.

This! Its a straight road right into the water, if you are not paying attention it is easy to fall in.
                            Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Ah yes, another "Happy Ending"
                              .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                              X