No announcement yet.

Cops upset about being treated like citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it an insult, a slap in the face to all the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States Military if we can't carry in there either?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      So is it an insult, a slap in the face to all the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States Military if we can't carry in there either?
      No because your not on duty or have the authority for any enforcement action.

Comment

I see it as they are asking police to obey the same laws citizens must. That badge doesnt' make you special. You want to eat at a gun unfriendly location, leave it in the car.

You cant really believe this, do you? Badge doesn't make you special? Its not about being special. But just for the sake of arguement, maybe not special but it does give you ability to do things only people with the badge can do. Is that special? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
          You cant really believe this, do you? Badge doesn't make you special? Its not about being special. But just for the sake of arguement, maybe not special but it does give you ability to do things only people with the badge can do. Is that special? I think so.
          No, their badge doesn't make them special. It makes them a servant of the public. They should be the first to leave guns in their car, afterall they are subject ot the same laws as we, are they not? And cops want to present a comfortable environoment for those around them and those evil guns. What if one of them snaps and goes on a shooting spree? Who will stop him?

Point is: If a citizen isn't allowed to exercise their rights and protect themselves there, cops should obey the same law. I know personally, I trust soldiers in uniform having a meal to respond to anything coming through that door far more than donut scarfing 5-0.

Comment

No because your not on duty or have the authority for any enforcement action.
            If you're on duty, you shouldn't be sitting and eating, should be stopping crime. If you're off duty, take off the badge and put up your gun. YOu're a citizen. Cops aren't a ruling class, they're servants.

Comment

No, their badge doesn't make them special. It makes them a servant of the public. They should be the first to leave guns in their car, afterall they are subject ot the same laws as we, are they not? And cops want to present a comfortable environoment for those around them and those evil guns. What if one of them snaps and goes on a shooting spree? Who will stop him?

Point is: If a citizen isn't allowed to exercise their rights and protect themselves there, cops should obey the same law. I know personally, I trust soldiers in uniform having a meal to respond to anything coming through that door far more than donut scarfing 5-0.
              What law says guns arent allowed in Dennys....so hows that not subject to same laws?

Just like you said, police are to protect others. Therefore someone there to only protect themselves, isnt covered under the same duties as a police officer whos duty it is to protect everyone.

Comment

If you're on duty, you shouldn't be sitting and eating, should be stopping crime. If you're off duty, take off the badge and put up your gun. YOu're a citizen. Cops aren't a ruling class, they're servants.
                Sounds like your just a cop hater and maybe got to many tickets so now all cops are bad. Cry me a river. You are in such the minority of the population that it doesnt matter what you think cause it will never change. You don't even sound rational.

Comment

You're so fucking far out there and extreme.
                  You need help.
                  sigpic

Comment

Normally I'm on your side man, but this is a little far fetched. Even in the Army I know you stopped for chow.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      Whoever wrote the article needs to go back to 6th grade and take a writing class. Whichever "manager or trainee manager" told on-duty detectives they had to leave should have been arrested for interfering with law enforcement and ALSO fired on the spot.
                      Oh, let us ordinary sheople not say "hi" or make eye contact with a police officer or we will interfere with their job. That's total bullshit.

Comment

Sounds like your just a cop hater and maybe got to many tickets so now all cops are bad. Cry me a river. You are in such the minority of the population that it doesnt matter what you think cause it will never change. You don't even sound rational.
                        That comment makes you sound like one of those asshole cops that thinks he can do what he wants.

So the manager made a judgement call to treat EVERYONE the same and some people got butthurt over it. So what. Maybe they can see how everyone else feels about being allowed to carry, yet be blocked by all of the places of business, such as Denny's, from carrying inside. It doesn't make sense to have to leave your gun in your car if you are carrying to protect yourself.

The manager was just trying to enforce the rules that were written for everyone. This was blown way out of proportion.
                        Last edited by line-em-up; 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          Whoever wrote the article needs to go back to 6th grade and take a writing class. Whichever "manager or trainee manager" told on-duty detectives they had to leave should have been arrested for interfering with law enforcement and ALSO fired on the spot.

Get a grip on yourself.

Comment

We work 12 hour shifts and get a 40 minute lunch. We are still available to take calls on lunch so why would I put my gun away? Don't get me wrong, if I was asked to leave, I would pay may check, and leave, no biggie. This whole article just sounds stupid. Most places love the fact that we eat there. Hell my old IHOP would beg us to eat there on the weekends when all the drunks roll in. I wouldn't even hold a grudge, I just wouldn't go up there when that manager was there. It would be like one of you guys thinking all cops are stupid because of a few (never happens right?) I would still not hesitate to go and help that manager. Some people are strange what can I say. There are people that go out of their way to call in on police for all sorts of things with out having a clue. Hell who knows maybe the person that complained saw the gun only and not the badge. Forrest your title for this could have been a little better and you are stretching it a bit. It is the first one I have seen you post in a while so you get a pass today................now go put your hat back on.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sounds like a lot of freedoms are being expressed here.

The manager has the freedom to tell the cops they can't eat at his establishment if they have guns on them.

The cops have the freedom to eat elsewhere.

It's America, sounds like for once things are working as intended. Why the uproar? The cops should really stop acting like butthurt little princesses and quietly choose to eat at another place where their guns are welcome.

I think this is exactly the same issue as smoking in restaurants. If the restaurant owner has decided to run a non-smoking restaurant.. and you're a smoker.. then don't smoke there, or don't eat there. If it's a gun-free restaurant.. and you're packing.. then don't carry your gun inside, or don't eat there. No need for more laws or skint knees. Just go to places where you're welcome.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Sounds like a lot of freedoms are being expressed here.

The manager has the freedom to tell the cops they can't eat at his establishment if they have guns on them.

The cops have the freedom to eat elsewhere.

It's America, sounds like for once things are working as intended. Why the uproar? The cops should really stop acting like butthurt little princesses and quietly choose to eat at another place where their guns are welcome.

I think this is exactly the same issue as smoking in restaurants. If the restaurant owner has decided to run a non-smoking restaurant.. and you're a smoker.. then don't smoke there, or don't eat there. If it's a gun-free restaurant.. and you're packing.. then don't carry your gun inside, or don't eat there. No need for more laws or skint knees. Just go to places where you're welcome.

Yep. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason. Sorry about your hurt feelings.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X