Anybody shipped a dog before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I'll go pick it up and bring it back for $1k..
    Not sure thats a good deal, round trip driving in with a 325 miles per tank of fuel puts me in at 10 stops to re-fuel. At current gas prices, thats like $400-$500 in fuel, not including logging and meals.

I'll go get that mutt for $1500.00, trip includes, fuel, motel stays and food. And a trip back to Waco, I will also talk nice to the mutt and on the trip back I'll be sure stop to let him do his/her business...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Airlines quoted the guy $500 to ship, I’m still not sure if this is gonna pan out with the end of the world happening right now. Although I will have 3 days off next week, I don’t know if I want to spend it in a car going to California. Looks like it’s 3400 miles round trip from Waco to Tracy,CA

Comment

Should be able to fly yourself to SFO for cheap, then do a one way car rental home.

Comment

Cue deadpan music

Let it ride on Greyhound.

Seems appropriate.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            Should be able to fly yourself to SFO for cheap, then do a one way car rental home.
            Kind of tempting but I don’t know how much fun a 2 day ride back with a 58lb Malinois would be. Hell, might make for good bonding time.

Comment

JetBlue had a program called Jetpaws where they would send a dog in a cabin. Not sure if it requires a handler to be present, but shouldnt be that bad if you can get a flight out there and then use JewPaws back.

I would NOT send a dog in cargo. The stats above on dog deaths only got worse in 2018.

Comment

If you vacuum seal it and out it on ice for 24 hours beforehand, it will ship much better.

Comment

After 2 failed attempts at getting the dog on a plane and a trip to DFW airport for a flight that never left San Francisco I’ve given up. The price to ship is retarded. It would’ve been really close to a flight out there, a car rental and a hotel room half way back.

Comment

I thought something like this was a joke. Talked to my FIL about dog delivery services and he says there are people that do that and has meet people that do that. Trailers with cool and heat for the dog and all the dog pee stops. Must be a nice gig to get into.

Comment

Third time was a charm, picked him up Friday night at DFW. He’s been good, getting used to everything, got to fix a few behaviors but I think he’s gonna be a great dog.

Comment

Working...
                      X