proper way to sell a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper way to sell a gun

Is there a form or process to sell a gun that would cover my ass for all eternity? I'm considering selling my S&W 9mm but since it's registered to me, I'd like to be sure to do it right.

hand it over, and receive cash if you live in texas.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

There is no registration of title 1 firearms in Texas. Sell it, make a bill of sale if you want to feel better about it.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

That's it? What about the whole background check I had to go through? What if i mistakenly sell it to a felon or something?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          That's it? What about the whole background check I had to go through? What if i mistakenly sell it to a felon or something?
          are you from or have you ever lived in california?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

LMAO....no. I've just never sold a gun before and the thought of someone buying it, killing someone with it and leaving the gun next to the body and the po-po come knocking on my door doesn't set well with me.

<------ a little paranoid

Comment

You filled out a form 4473. That's just an application for transfer. The mouth breather at the terminal on the other side of the phone doesn't know what you bought, only that your background cleared you for a handgun purchase. The application stays on file with the gun dealer, and that's it.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

LMAO....no. I've just never sold a gun before and the thought of someone buying it, killing someone with it and leaving the gun next to the body and the po-po come knocking on my door doesn't set well with me.

i have purchased from someone that had the same concerns as you. I had no problem signing a bill of sale for his personal records.

weapon type
                weapon serial #
                date
                his name
                my name
                my TX DL #
                and a copy of each of us.

i threw mine away, but if it made him happy i have no problem with it.

god bless.

Comment

I found a sample bill of sale letter...

Bill of Sale
                  Transfer of Ownership

For $______ received, I, (seller’s name here), have sold to (buyer's name here)
                  One (1) ABC Model XYZ firearm description here, Serial # _____________
                  Any other accessories here

I represent that this ___________ is not stolen. I am the owner of the _______ listed above. If it can be shown now or in the future that this _______ was stolen prior to the date listed below, I will give the buyer a full refund for return of the _______ and all accessories listed above.

Sold as is.
                  No warranty is expressed or implied by the Seller.
                  Seller assumes no responsibility after transfer of ownership has taken place.
                  Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all aftermarket parts added to the ___________.
                  Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all original equipment parts on the ________.
                  Buyer assumes all responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place.

Seller specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose of this ________ and disclaims all responsibility for consequential and/or incidental damages or any other losses arising from the use of said _________.

Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth and listed on this document, and acknowledges that he has received a true copy of this Bill of Sale/Transfer of Ownership and certifies that he is 21 years of age or older. Buyer acknowledges and understands that he will read the Owner’s Manual. Buyer agrees that it will be his responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place to adjust, check, and follow all instructions as outlined in the Owner’s Manual. Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms.

Buyer: Name Here
                  Seller: Name Here

Date:_________________________

Buyer: _____________________________
                  Address:____________________________
                  Phone #: ____________________________
                  Seller: ______________________________
                  Address: ____________________________
                  Phone #: ____________________________

Comment

I wouldn't mess with a bill of sale.

If you're worried, view their ID to ensure they are a resident and are of age, ask if they have any felonies, ask if they plan to use it in a harmful way.

Comment

Way unnecessary. Just get his name, address and DL so that if the cops ever come knocking you know who to send them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                        I wouldn't mess with a bill of sale.

If you're worried, view their ID to ensure they are a resident and are of age, ask if they have any felonies, ask if they plan to use it in a harmful way.
                        BTW...if the cops come by ur place, i DID NOT purchase that xd40 from you!

god bless.

Comment

If the person looks sketchy...dont sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            BTW...if the cops come by ur place, i DID NOT purchase that xd40 from you!

god bless.
                            You stole it?
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Give it to me, then Ill sell it for you to that exact same guy for a commission. It would stop with me and you can live a happy life
                              First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                              X