No announcement yet.

The $1,400 Bronco Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not sharp on the 50/60 years but guys are swapping the 05+ front axles in and end up with a better ride and turn radius. I'll probably be helping a buddy do this swap in his 04 Superduty sometime soon.

A forum community dedicated to all Ford Bronco owners and enthusiasts including the new 2021 Ford Bronco. Join the discussion about specs, photos, news, pricing, modifications, maintenance, and more!

Comment

I believe the Dana 50's use a Dana 44 ring. I really don't know that much about them, but the consensus is the D60's are better in just about every way. If I'm going through the trouble I might as well go big or go home I guess, unless I find a super cheap pair. Are the 05+ D60's are sought after because of the ride/turn radius only?
      Last edited by CJ; 03-08-2017, 10:49 AM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The Dana 50 does use the 44 differential.

I believe all 05+ are going to have the 35 spline inner and out shafts but not all will have the Super 60 upgrades.

I had only just begun reading about the later 60s before picking up our chassis with the older style and abandoning research into them.

Also the rear is going to be a 10.5 Sterling in the F250/350.

Comment

Plenty to read here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...a-60-axle.html

Comment

And so it begins. Didn't seem too bad at first, then I switched to my air chisel and punched through a body mount. So now I'm fabbing new body mounts. A little bit of sheet metal work and cleaning and then I'll shoot it with chassis saver.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I feel like I'm looking at a shipwreck.

Comment

You need some vactan to stop that rust.

Comment

That rust explains the 1400 price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    That rust explains the 1400 price.
                    Yep. It's very localized. Those are the two worst spots on the truck. As bad as the rust is there, the truck is 100% mechanically sound. Every single thing works on it and is new. Previously owner spent a lot of money on it, but didn't have the experience or capability to fix the cancer. I've dealt with this before on my '45 Willys, and it's still salvagable.

Comment

Those body mount brackets look the same as the ones we pulled off our OBS F250 chassis. When I am back in town next month I can try to dig them out of the scrap pile if you want them. We just drilled out the rivets, did not cut anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                        Those body mount brackets look the same as the ones we pulled off our OBS F250 chassis. When I am back in town next month I can try to dig them out of the scrap pile if you want them. We just drilled out the rivets, did not cut anything.
                        Wow, that would save me a ton of time. That's a hell of a offer.

Comment

I will let you know if they are still there. Another thing you want to look into finding is the nut/inner sleeve that sandwiches the isolator to the bracket. With that kind of rust you will likely have to hack it in half to get the mount out.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                            I will let you know if they are still there. Another thing you want to look into finding is the nut/inner sleeve that sandwiches the isolator to the bracket. With that kind of rust you will likely have to hack it in half to get the mount out.
                            I think I'm going machine it on my cnc.

Comment

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                I think I'm going machine it on my cnc.
                                Cnc? How small can you machine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X