Bought something stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought something stupid

Got a wild hair and pulled the trigger on Barrett M82A1 the other day. No reason to have it other than I just wanted it. Gonna get it boresighted this week and hopefully get it to the range soon. Topped it off with a Leupold Mark 4 & Barrett zero gap rings.

Last edited by Spritle; 08-17-2017, 11:39 AM.
    14 Raptor
    18 GT350

You have a local range that allows .50 BMG?
    Seems like most, if not all, of the local ranges up here no longer allow the big 50s.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Yeah, have a few around me that allow them.
      14 Raptor
      18 GT350

Comment

very nice

Comment

The one gun I never ever ever shoot is my M2HB.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            Seems like most, if not all, of the local ranges up here no longer allow the big 50s.
            Last I knew B-Tactical in Caddo allows them, but they only go 100 yds and I don't think you can shoot the 300 yd steel with one.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

When you said stupid I assumed you bought a Judge.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                TacPro has a 1,000yd range and allows .50bmg.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  TacPro has a 1,000yd range and allows .50bmg.
                  I should've defined "local".
                  Local to me is within a 1-hour drive each way. TacPro is a good 2 hour drive each way and caddo mills is about 1.5 hours.

Also, anything less than 500 yards with the big 50 is boring and a waste of ammo imo.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Where are you located? I have a place that I shoot out to 1400 meters and have some LaRue pop-up targets laid out on it.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Let us know how it shoots...badass gun! I'd love to have one, that's for sure.

Comment

We fired my cousin's Barrett Type 99 two weekends ago out at Lone Star Gun Club and were just fine.

Comment

Nice!
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Simply bad ass. I want to get a long range toy too, but I'm going to go a little less powerful and cheaper on ammo.

Comment

Never a bad time had, shooting a barret 50.

I kick myself for not having bought one in 2006. CTD had 2 on the shelf we negotiated down to $7,500 each cash but my buddy backed out on his end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X