Bought something stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    Never a bad time had, shooting a barret 50.

I kick myself for not having bought one in 2006. CTD had 2 on the shelf we negotiated down to $7,500 each cash but my buddy backed out on his end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    They were only $3400 wholesale each in early 08'. You did not miss out on anything.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Where are you located? I have a place that I shoot out to 1400 meters and have some LaRue pop-up targets laid out on it.
      I'm just east of Denton.

Where is this magical range!? Would like to check it out.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

They were only $3400 wholesale each in early 08'. You did not miss out on anything.
        Likely different model.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          Likely different model.
          Certainly not M82a1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            I'm just east of Denton.

Where is East of Denton that's 1.5 hrs to Caddo?
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Likely different model.
              What other semi auto 50 do they make?

My stepdad and I bought 6 of them as an investment and sold them some years later.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post

On some private property in Fannin County. My friend and I spent a weekend with a transit marking out the range.

Comment

My stepdad and I bought 6 of them as an investment and sold them some years later.
                  Sure you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    Where is East of Denton that's 1.5 hrs to Caddo?
                    Crossroads, TX.

Per google maps 1 hour 11mins, so I was off by about 20 mins.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Bullshit

Comment

Sure you did.
                        Originally posted by David View Post
                        Bullshit
                        He is a dealer and I funded the purchase of way more than just a few 50s and it paid big for both of us.

How is investing is some guns any different than buying a stock that doesn't pay a dividend? I also bought rental properties in the same time frame and invested in my own business. Are you going to tell me that I didn't?

Comment

So let's say you wanted a long range bolt toy to play with... 308 I already have two 308 rifles. 6.5 creedmoor... everyone's new darling. But what if I avtually need to use long range skills someday? 338 lapua or 300 win mag? A little less expensive than 50 and almost as dangerous....

Get a 308 / 6.5 first then 338 later?

Comment

He is a dealer and I funded the purchase of way more than just a few 50s and it paid big for both of us.

How is investing is some guns any different than buying a stock that doesn't pay a dividend? I also bought rental properties in the same time frame and invested in my own business. Are you going to tell me that I didn't?
                            You didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              You didn't.
                              In a way you are correct. What I actually did was loan him a bunch of money to buy inventory with. Unfortunately this is not something I can post a picture of to prove my point.

Comment

svauto-erotic855: After posting a pic, it would be claimed
                                to be photoshopped by some. Then the dog pile of
                                "I saw it somewhere too on XXXX site..

Just can't win....... Just cash in that big pile of their chips.

Comment

Working...
                                X