No announcement yet.

Cowboy's 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who are the Jones's drafting? and yes I still think 11+ wins!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
      So who are the Jones's drafting? and yes I still think 11+ wins!

If Derwyn James falls to say 14-15 (I don't think he will), they'll move up and grab him. If he doesn't fall, and one of these top tier LBs is on the board @ 19, they'll grab LB, and trade a 2nd and 4th or 5th to Seattle for Thomas. Then go WR/LB in the third, and a guard in the 4th. They need a TE but I don't really see anything worth grabbing or spending a stupid high pick on in this draft class.

James is the only player I see them realistically moving up for but if the stars align and somehow Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Rashaan Evans falls within a couple spots, they're likely to move up to grab one of those guys. I say with this draft class and team needs, of course depending on how things fall, they're far more likely to trade down than up.

One encouraging thing about this draft is that if they play this draft right, and get a similar rate of return as the past few years, next year they'll be in position to simply draft the best player available instead of weighing needs vs available players in the higher rounds.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        If Derwyn James falls to say 14-15 (I don't think he will), they'll move up and grab him. If he doesn't fall, and one of these top tier LBs is on the board @ 19, they'll grab LB, and trade a 2nd and 4th or 5th to Seattle for Thomas. Then go WR/LB in the third, and a guard in the 4th. They need a TE but I don't really see anything worth grabbing or spending a stupid high pick on in this draft class.

James is the only player I see them realistically moving up for but if the stars align and somehow Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Rashaan Evans falls within a couple spots, they're likely to move up to grab one of those guys. I say with this draft class and team needs, of course depending on how things fall, they're far more likely to trade down than up.

One encouraging thing about this draft is that if they play this draft right, and get a similar rate of return as the past few years, next year they'll be in position to simply draft the best player available instead of weighing needs vs available players in the higher rounds.
        Yea I agree...I hope DJ falls to 19 that will put our D at a good place if we also get Thomas
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

I say they grab Ridley if Baltimore doesn't snag him first, or Sutton in the 1st round. Either one is worth it in my opinion. But I agree if somehow a top 3-4 LB is close, they may make a move.

Comment

I don't think any of these WRs are 1st round worthy. I like Sutton but that's a huge waste of a first round pick when there's a solid chance he'll be there at 50.

I forgot to include their #1 LB target (LVE) in the top tier of LBs mentioned above.. Whoops.

Comment

Earl Thomas trade talk heating up. Dallas will give up pick #50, IF they can get an idea what Thomas wants in his extension. If it's a 2nd and only a second I'm good with it. I'd probably be ok with a 2 and a 5 too.

Comment

Well DJ is gone.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

LB Leighton Vander Esch!!!
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I forgot to include their #1 LB target (LVE) in the top tier of LBs mentioned above..

Nailed that one. Not sure about this pick, but after watching and reading more I'm becoming more ok with it. I think if Sutton or Miller fall to them, there's a decent chance they spend #50 on one of them. If not, bring on Earl Thomas. Seattle is losing leverage. The more time that passes, they might end up getting him for a 3rd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Well DJ is gone.
                      Yeah damn Chargers...hate them more now...

Glad they drafted D, we need Thomas now.

Comment

Per Chris Mortensen, Jason Witten to retire and join the MNF broadcast.
                        2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                        2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

I saw that!! Good call Jason!

Comment

Comment

The best player retires revising my prediction to 6-10.

Comment

I would have gone a different direction with 50 but Philly took my move. Word is Cowboys weren't going that way anyways.

I understand the pick at 50, but I would have gone differently. I love the pick at 81. I would like them to package the 4s to move up and get Harrison, but if they think they can get Thomas for one of those 4s I'm good with that. And they can, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X