No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol you took so long packing it your ice melted!

Comment

• Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
      lol you took so long packing it your ice melted!
      lmao,

That thing is packed solid though!

Comment

• Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
        lol you took so long packing it your ice melted!
        lol, I didn't notice that.

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        lmao,

That thing is packed solid though!
        That could be a blessing and a curse! It needs a little bit of movement to prevent shock and everything fucking coming unglued, however, too much movement and it gets fucked up. Soooo....yeah.

$78.20 to overnight to California. Insured to $700, and I paid extra for special handling. The lady at the post office had to start a roll of "special handling" stickers as she had never had anyone pay for that before. I should know how it arrived by this time tomorrow.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• good luck man.

Comment

• Aaaaaand, so it continues. Package was guaranteed by 3PM PST today. No confirmation of delivery has shown up in the tracking system. The last time it was updated was when it was received in Coppell last night. So, there is no telling where the package is, it's current condition, or if it will arrive at all. YAY. The good news, the package is fully insured, and, I should get my postage $$$ refunded.

Comment

• So the buyer sent me the wrong address. The sad part is that itvwas only 1 digit off and only 3 houses on his street. So, it wouldn't have been hard to get it right. Of course since it is Saturday, USPS customer service wait times were indefinite, and his local PO would not pick up the phone. He even went to the post office and they said it was out for delivery. Even knowing that he was expecting THAT package, the returned to sender. So, my effort to minimize handling time and potential damage, has resulted in a return trip to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                So the buyer sent me the wrong address. The sad part is that itvwas only 1 digit off and only 3 houses on his street. So, it wouldn't have been hard to get it right. Of course since it is Saturday, USPS customer service wait times were indefinite, and his local PO would not pick up the phone. He even went to the post office and they said it was out for delivery. Even knowing that he was expecting THAT package, the returned to sender. So, my effort to minimize handling time and potential damage, has resulted in a return trip to me.

Fedex or UPS >> USPS and I’m not sure that’s saying much.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Fedex or UPS >> USPS and I’m not sure that’s saying much.
                  I've shipped 1000's of packages over the years and this is the first real issue I have ever had.

Comment

• Well, it is done. My buyer stopped by the post office to see if they still had the package today. Thankfully it was still there. Upon inspection, there was only one place that was damaged, and it was not due to transport. I put a piece of tape behind the hardware on the hanging window net to protect the side of the car. It ended up being my demise. It pulled part of the clear and decal off of the side of the car. Thankfully it was behind the window net and not visible when displayed. So, this nightmare is over. Now to get the USPS to refund my shipping charges.

Comment

• Well, it is finally over. The package was still at his post office on Tuesday and he picked it up. Only minor damage from some tape I applied. I got my shipping charges refunded. The best part is, the car resides with someone who is displaying it appreciates it as it should be. He has it set up in a lit display case, and it really pops!

Comment

• too cool man.

Comment

• Car looks great! Did he want money back from the damage on the door?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                            Car looks great! Did he want money back from the damage on the door?
                            Nope. It was primarily covered by the window net. He performed a few touch ups and all was good!

Comment

• Man seeing tape on the bare paint immediately stood out to me as a risk. Glad it was nothing major!

Are you able to just vacuum pack or shrink wrap next time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Man seeing tape on the bare paint immediately stood out to me as a risk. Glad it was nothing major!

Are you able to just vacuum pack or shrink wrap next time?
                                The rivets on the windows are held on by clear enamel paint, so they are a bit fragile. Which is where the difficulty in packaging came in. Shrink wrap probably would have worked over the roof, but still would have been risky over the side windows

Comment

Working...
                                X