question for those that IWB carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for those that IWB carry

so I keep my EDC somewhere between 1 and 2 o'clock. This is the best place for me to conceal and the most comfortable however, anytime I sit down say at a restaurant or whatever, the muzzle points into my groin so I've just made the habit of sliding it over to 3 o'clock. Usually not an issue but I know there's been times where it's obvious what I'm doing to anyone that happens to be looking my way.

Does anyone else carry in this position? Do you leave it there or move it?

Perhaps make minor adjustments, but leave it for the most part when in public places. Shift it when driving. What are you carrying?

Comment

youll shoot yer dick off! 4ish o'clock for me

Comment

I only appendix carry like that if it's for a short time, like walking the dog or something, and it will just be with a clip-in holster.
        I'm a 4 o'clock kinda guy.

Comment

WRX

Comment

Same, I do 2-4 o'clock depending on what I am wearing.

Comment

Guns are dangerous and you shouldn't carry one.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                Guns are dangerous and you shouldn't carry one.
                So, two?
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

So your moving it from the 1-2 o'clock position because it's not comfortable when your sitting or because your worried about a discharge? What gun is it? Would going to a smaller barrel gun make a difference?

For me I'm comfortable leaving my Glock 17/21 or 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock. Might print a little bit of the butt depending on what I'm wearing. If I'm carrying my 43 or LCR you won't see it.

Find a position that's comfortable and leave it there. Moving it around like what you are doing in public would not be something I'd want to do.

Comment

I carry at 4 own, other than that I front pocket carry. Except for some of my slacks I can fit my glock 19 in my front pocket.

Comment

Scott with the Modern Samurai Project has a series of vids devoted to AIWB on his channel.

Comment

8 o'clock for me.

Comment

I don't ever tuck my shirt in, so as soon as they passed "sloppy concealed carry" into law I wear my full size Steyr outside at 3ish. Nobody ever notices unless i reach over my head, and even then I dont care. I wear it all day every day, 30.06 permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                            I don't ever tuck my shirt in, so as soon as they passed "sloppy concealed carry" into law I wear my full size Steyr outside at 3ish. Nobody ever notices unless i reach over my head, and even then I dont care. I wear it all day every day, 30.06 permitting.
                            30.06 basically tells every criminal where they can expect the least resistance to their intent to kill or harm people. Just sayin

Comment

How high are your pants and what are you carrying?

I carry a shield, appendix and while it does touch, it’s not touching with a lot of pressure.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X