GT500 or GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT500 or GT?

Looking at getting back into a mustang in January. I’ve been looking at a ‘19 GT premium, but for the same price I could get into a low mile 11-12 maybe 13-14 GT500.

What would DFWM do?
    2012 GT500

19 GT. No question it’s a better looking car with better tech. You can always make it faster down the road.

Comment

As soon as you pay 50K for a 19 GT, it is worth 35K.

Comment

the 13-14 for me

5.8>5.0

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          As soon as you pay 50K for a 19 GT, it is worth 35K.
          They are running 41-43k depending on options
          2012 GT500

Comment

Gt500 if you plan on leaving it stockish.

Comment

Gt500.

Anything else is just an fox body and 5K

Comment

Depends on what you want it for. If you're looking for options and comfort, get the GT. If you're looking for looks and speed, get the GT500.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  They are running 41-43k depending on options
                  OK, It'll be worth 30K then. I know all new vehicles take a big hit, but a GT is horrible for value retention.

Comment

Well, you can't beat the performance and value of the '18-'19 A-10 5.0 Mustang. I had a very long conversation with someone about this very subject. If I were to buy a SVT GT500 it would be the '12 ('11 as well) they have the all aluminum 5.4L, upgraded blower and I like the looks better than the '13-'14 and much, much better MPG, before someone chimes in that anyone that can afford a GT500 ain't worried about the fuel cost, its more about the consumption. The 5.8 is notorious for getting very poor MPG's especially under boost, some have compared it to the '99-'04 Lightnings, but at least those things had a 25+ gallon tank as compared to the 07-14 GT500's. You don't want to be stopping to fill up with premium fuel every 150 miles or less as I've had several people tell me. Yes, its faster out of the box, but its more of a race car IMO.

I'd like to get a GT500 and if I did it would be a '12 GT500, but if wanted a daily that was fast, had decent MPG's and ran 12's out of the box, it would be the '18-'19 GT...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Well, you can't beat the performance and value of the '18-'19 A-10 5.0 Mustang. I had a very long conversation with someone about this very subject. If I were to buy a SVT GT500 it would be the '12 ('11 as well) they have the all aluminum 5.4L, upgraded blower and I like the looks better than the '13-'14 and much, much better MPG, before someone chimes in that anyone that can afford a GT500 ain't worried about the fuel cost, its more about the consumption. The 5.8 is notorious for getting very poor MPG's especially under boost, some have compared it to the '99-'04 Lightnings, but at least those things had a 25+ gallon tank as compared to the 07-14 GT500's. You don't want to be stopping to fill up with premium fuel every 150 miles or less as I've had several people tell me. Yes, its faster out of the box, but its more of a race car IMO.

I'd like to get a GT500 and if I did it would be a '12 GT500, but if wanted a daily that was fast, had decent MPG's and ran 12's out of the box, it would be the '18-'19 GT...
                      thanks

There is a really nice '12 in Carrollton right now with 20k miles for $38k. Just not ready to buy anything quite yet - have to finish getting settled in the new house and need the truck for moving some left over stuff.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

The GT500 will have better resale and has already taken most of the hit on the depreciation... Hell, look at the 03/04 Cobra's that still sell for close to 20K in some instances.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Shit! A nice, lower mileage 03-04 is still in the mid 20’s. If you want a daily get the newer one, my 15gt was a good daily with the auto. If you want more fun then get the GT500, my brother in law had a 13-14 and it was way more fun than my GT.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            thanks

There is a really nice '12 in Carrollton right now with 20k miles for $38k. Just not ready to buy anything quite yet - have to finish getting settled in the new house and need the truck for moving some left over stuff.
                            38k for a '12 GT500? What are they smoking lol.

I vote GT500 if you're staying mostly stock besides "bolt ons"
                            13/14 models can be had for mid 30s right now.
                            I wouldn't limit your options if you're dabbling into the mid 30s to lower 40k range either. There are a lot of fun cars for that much.
                            GT-R, Viper, built Corvettes C7/C6, Hellcats, ATS-Vs etc. If you want any help finding one I'm happy to help.
                            Last edited by crapstang; 12-25-2018, 07:07 PM.
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              38k for a '12 GT500? What are they smoking lol.

I vote GT500 if you're staying mostly stock besides "bolt ons"
                              13/14 models can be had for mid 30s right now.
                              I wouldn't limit your option if you're dabbling into the mid 30s to lower 40k range either. There are a lot of fun cars for that much.
                              GT-R, Viper, built Corvettes C7/C6, Hellcats, ATS-Vs etc. If you want any help finding one I'm happy to help.
                              I'm pretty much set on a '19 GT or GT500. I like the idea of being in a mustang again. The GT500 is kind of a homage my first cobra which I like. Having a new car warranty is pretty sweet though. Either way it is going to be a daily, I don't plan on doing too much to it.

Would be looking for a pristine GT500 with minimal mods and 20k miles is pretty much the limit. Black preferred. I haven't found too many 13-14's for under $40k, they seem like they run more in the $45+ for what I want.

2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X