2019 Ram HD 1,000 Lb-Ft Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Ram HD 1,000 Lb-Ft Torque

Damn, that bitch is only -500tq from some tractor trailer trucks!
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 01-19-2019, 02:28 AM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

You know that those can be “turned up” too!?

Comment

Torque is especially critical if you dont understand horsepower...looks like it's only 400HP so I'm sure some electric vehicle will be around to embarrass it soon. I could gear my rc car down to 1,000 ft-lb if I really wanted to.

I'm more impressed by the 0.41 drag coefficient and wonder what speed that was measured at. No doubt it was at highway speed or at least post drag crisis.

Comment

That’s awesome. But I’ll be curious to see how the trans, flex plate, and U-joints hold up on them.

When I deleted my 07 6.7 cummins and turned the tuner up I was under that thing every weekend fixing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

And about the same price as one give or take $500........
            Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I'm sure some electric vehicle will be around to embarrass it soon.
            Only embarrasing to those who don’t understand the actual purpose of having that much torque at ones disposal.
            Last edited by SS Junk; 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Torque is especially critical if you dont understand horsepower...looks like it's only 400HP so I'm sure some electric vehicle will be around to embarrass it soon. I could gear my rc car down to 1,000 ft-lb if I really wanted to.
              How far are we from having electric trucks towing 15,000+ pounds?
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                Years, but maybe not as far off as you'd think. Ford has announced an electric F150, likely when then next design revamp comes out. There's a company called Rivian that's working on an electric pickup with 11000 lb towing capacity right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Years, but maybe not as far off as you'd think. Ford has announced an electric F150, likely when then next design revamp comes out. There's a company called Rivian that's working on an electric pickup with 11000 lb towing capacity right now.

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    Not very and it's purely a lack of perceived market...its nothing to do with technological maturity

Comment

Electric trucks won't be viable until they have much better range and recharge time. I can appreciate the electric F150 but I can see it being for pulling light loads around town and not much more.

The extra torque and horsepower for this new Dodge is just another incremental step. I have no doubt they can turn that engine up to 1,500 ft. lbs and have it live.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Electric trucks won't be viable until they have much better range and recharge time. I can appreciate the electric F150 but I can see it being for pulling light loads around town and not much more.

The extra torque and horsepower for this new Dodge is just another incremental step. I have no doubt they can turn that engine up to 1,500 ft. lbs and have it live.
                        We all thought the same thing about tesla. The vast majority of pickup owners never tow anything and the people buying 100K f150s arent doing it because they need a 400 mile range.

Edit: and it looks like an electric truck will likely have a 400 mile range in the first place.
                        Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 01-19-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Cummins makes tough motors, I’d bet you’re right that it could be turned up and not have any harm done to the motor. But everything after the crank would live a short life.

1000 ft-lbs could easily pull anything the brakes, suspension, and axles can handle safely and legally.

The aftermarket will have fun with this truck.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                            Cummins makes tough motors, I’d bet you’re right that it could be turned up and not have any harm done to the motor. But everything after the crank would live a short life.

1000 ft-lbs could easily pull anything the brakes, suspension, and axles can handle safely and legally.

The aftermarket will have fun with this truck.
                            I was hinting at the idea that all you need is a better transmission and drivetrain and this engine will already do it with more boost. All of that will be added in later years. In fact they are already on that path by getting rid of the stick shift transmission which was torque limited.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I was hinting at the idea that all you need is a better transmission and drivetrain and this engine will already do it with more boost. All of that will be added in later years. In fact they are already on that path by getting rid of the stick shift transmission which was torque limited.
                              They gotta get the suspension figured out too. Daily driving a 3/4 or 1 ton is brutal with it unloaded. Then you add in the fact that you already need a commercial DL to pull far less than these trucks can handle... makes me believe these trucks are just hot rods with 4 wheel drive. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X