DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #61
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

204.5 as of this morning. That's even after having a non keto weekend.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #62
White_lightning
Lifer

I'm down from 347 to 275 on keto and stronger @ 275 than i was @ 347... some friends and i started a fB keto group for recipe swapping too

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #63
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I'm down from 347 to 275 on keto and stronger @ 275 than i was @ 347... some friends and i started a fB keto group for recipe swapping too
dude, that's awesome! I have had some stuff going on lately thats kept me busy and stressed and we've been cheating with fast food some nights, so I've been fluctuating between 205 and 207, but I'm getting back to it as fast as I can. I've got a little FB group my friend started too, and as a group we've lost over a 1000lbs!
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #64
White_lightning
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
dude, that's awesome! I have had some stuff going on lately thats kept me busy and stressed and we've been cheating with fast food some nights, so I've been fluctuating between 205 and 207, but I'm getting back to it as fast as I can. I've got a little FB group my friend started too, and as a group we've lost over a 1000lbs!
Fast food + keto = not cheating

Triple bacon cheese burger.. Extra cheese.. extra bacon.. ditch the bun.. BOOM..
one of my guys as lost 300+ lbs

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #65
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
Fast food + keto = not cheating
That's the beauty of this eating style. Calorie counting diets restricts the ability to eat out because of high fat and carb content. Go to a steak house and mow down on bread and baked potato or a burger joint and have fries and a shake... burn the carbs, the fat stays. On keto, skip the potato, bread and fries and it's no problem.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #66
Mike
Hi

I’m taking a shot at “going Keto” starting tomorrow. I cut alcohol and started eating clean after Sunday night as a jumpstart to the process.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #67
BradM
Bad Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I’m taking a shot at “going Keto” starting tomorrow. I cut alcohol and started eating clean after Sunday night as a jumpstart to the process.
Keep drinking.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #68
Mike
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
Dear Diary,

I have gone from 320 to 289 in the past 10 weeks doing low carb. I haven't exercised at all, it feels like there is no time in the day. The lightest I have been since high school is 275, that weight was when I got married in 06. I was up to 380 when we owned the bar. I have been having a cheat meal once a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
Keep drinking.
It’s temporary!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #69
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
It’s temporary!
You can still drink. Don't consume your faggoty fluffy fru fru sugary shit, stick with pure alcohols as well as something like Coors light or Michelob Ultra for beer and not drink your usual two cases a night!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #70
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
You can still drink. Don't consume your faggoty fluffy fru fru sugary shit, stick with pure alcohols as well as something like Coors light or Michelob Ultra for beer and not drink your usual two cases a night!
Agreed, I drink a bunch of ounces of vodka on Friday nights and when I feel like I'm "there" I'll switch to my light beers....1-5 of them and done. Weight is still coming off at a reasonable rate.

When I get the munchies I eat my beef jerky, sunflower seed kernel and pumpkin seeds.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #71
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #72
KBScobravert
Lifer

Been out of keto for months now. My transfer to Afghanistan through me off. Then an R&R home where I enjoyed just eating....and Ben & Jerry's. I'm paying for it. Up to 185. About 12-15 pounds gained since May.

Got back from R&R 29 days ago. Slowly worked back into gym and I'm full steam ahead on my workouts, plus some. Working on reeling in my diet now.

I've got 5 full months before I'm home next so time to really make improvements and come home better than ever. Gonna need Keto to do it though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #73
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

I hit a new low the other day of 203.something. Under 200 is getting close, heck I walked past a mirror the other day and surprised myself when I glanced my reflection. lol 38lb on a 5'8" frame is pretty damn noticeable.
as for drinking, I do Bacardi Rum mixed with water and sugar free water enhacer stuff, like MIO or Dasani. Sounds bad but it replaced my rum and coke I used to live off of.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #74
KBScobravert
Lifer

Have you picked up any cardio? I hate running. But I can get in sprints. And sprint intervals will do wonders for your weight loss on Keto. Pick up some ab/core exercises and you'll be under 200 in a heartbeat.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #75
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
Have you picked up any cardio? I hate running. But I can get in sprints. And sprint intervals will do wonders for your weight loss on Keto. Pick up some ab/core exercises and you'll be under 200 in a heartbeat.

I can't do running (back and neck problems) but I am doing other stuff. Not enough mind you, but I'm getting there. I was playing a lot of sand volleyball before I got hurt, now I'll be limited to an elliptical or something else non impact.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #76
Mike
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
I’ll drink a little once I get tuned in with the diet. If I start looking for alternatives in the first few weeks I’m going to get shit faced and start eating whatever I have in the pantry.

My weight fluctuates 20-25 lbs every year because I find a reason to take about 7 months off from eating clean and working out.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #77
The King
Lifer

Straight up alcohol, like whiskey on the rocks, won’t undo your progress on a keto diet in my experience. It usually does cause a temporary stall in weight loss, but at least doesn’t cause a gain.
The King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #78
Mike
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Straight up alcohol, like whiskey on the rocks, won’t undo your progress on a keto diet in my experience. It usually does cause a temporary stall in weight loss, but at least doesn’t cause a gain.
I realize the alcohol won’t, but the effects of getting shit faced and ordering a pizza and wings probably will.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #79
SS Junk
Lifer

Beer munchies can be a motherfucker. If you want to try something out, google whisps. Expensive, but damn good. Also you can bake parmesan cheese with some salt/pepper/jalepenos or Lauray’s season salt. Get some powdered hidden valley ranch and mix it in a container of sour cream for a dip, and/or do the same with pork skins. There’s an answer to everything, sir!
Start looking at some keto websites for recipies to help with carb/salt/sweet cravings.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #80
Mike
Hi

I did a test strip earlier and it showed in the small (15mg) range. The most entertaining part has been figuring out different stuff to try cooking. The least entertaining part is my asshole kids eating the stuff I like to eat.

Tags
kimura ok w/ fatness, nay only eat white dik, ruff cnc own dumbass, ruff is fucking stupid, ruff is retarded