DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #221
SS Junk
Lifer

SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #222
95DRGT
Lifer

I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.
95DRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #223
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95DRGT View Post
I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.
Youíre not going full keto if you plan to slam heavy sugar carb craft beer every week.

That said...

Run hard keto for 5 days straight and do it in a 3 hour window... like 1,800 cal in 3 hours and fast 21. I wake up early, so I prefer breakfast. I bet even with your cheat day youíll lose weight and feel better.

Plus note: youíll get fucking trashed on craft beer day fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:34 AM   #224
Gasser64
Lifer

Yeah you want to be "fat adapted" which is where you body has set itself to run on alternate fuel. Fat, instead of carbs and sugars. You've got to kick it out of fat storage mode, and carbs are a good way to keep it in fat storage mode. You have about 400 grams of glycogen in your liver. That's the main fuel tank. The minute that tank is emptied, the body switches over to burning fat for energy. But the minute you eat carbs and stuff, it will replenish that 400 grams of liver glycogen as fast as it can, so that it can stop dipping into the reserves. (your fat)

Lifting weights also helps a ton. Having more muscle mass makes getting fat slower. Cause the muscles will take their cut before anything gets to be deposited as fat. Like having to pay the tax man before you can deposit your check.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #225
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Keto = Bullshit period end of story. If you don’t have the discipline to stop stuffing your face and excercise your screwed.

Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 02-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #226
94mstng94
Lexus Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
Keto = Bullshit period end of story. If you donít have the discipline to stop stuffing your face and excercise your screwed.

Keto works if you actually commit to it. This is not something you can half ass. My wife has had great success with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
94mstng94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 AM   #227
4bangen
©4bangen©

Quote:
Keto = Bullshit period end of story. If you donít have the discipline to stop stuffing your face and excercise your screwed.
So I've just imagined the 35lb I've lost and kept off since April? And the 30lb my wife has lost is also not really gone? How is it bull shit? At my wife's last heath screening for her heath insurance they said and I quote, "I don't know what you've been doing but keep it up". All her blood work came back way better than the last few. We are indeed healthier and happier now, or is that just bull shit?
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:14 AM   #228
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
So I've just imagined the 35lb I've lost and kept off since April? And the 30lb my wife has lost is also not really gone? How is it bull shit? At my wife's last heath screening for her heath insurance they said and I quote, "I don't know what you've been doing but keep it up". All her blood work came back way better than the last few. We are indeed healthier and happier now, or is that just bull shit?
You think that stupid fuck knows what heís talking about in the slightest? I mean seriously. Donít feed the troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #229
4bangen
©4bangen©

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
You think that stupid fuck knows what heís talking about in the slightest? I mean seriously. Donít feed the troll.
my bad, hadn't had my coffee yet. lol

Side note, We ate pizza yesterday during the game. Afterward I felt like I'd eaten a damned bowling ball. I felt terrible! So I'm back on it today, My goal for this week is to get under 200 finally. No more bad decisions.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #230
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #231
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Your medical knowledge must be about on a par with your sports knowledge, Crawfish.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #232
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Quote:

That's because you're viewing this as a phase that you'll eventually stop doing. The Keto "diet" is actually a life style change that can be done forever as long as you're disciplined.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #233
4bangen
©4bangen©

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
That's because you're viewing this as a phase that you'll eventually stop doing. The Keto "diet" is actually a life style change that can be done forever as long as you're disciplined.
Word!
My family has a history of Diabetes and heat attacks. I want to keep that shit out of my life. It's hard work at first but the longer I'm living this way the better I feel, and the better I look. I can't see going back to a diet loaded with carbs and sugar. I use fruits as special food and actual sweets are unbearable now. I was a carb junky before I started down this road, and sometimes still struggle, but feel way worse when I give in. I'm sure some people have metabolisms that work way better than mine, but I come from a long line of short chubby people, and I'm fighting it hard as I can.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #234
Mach1
rm -rf /

Started Keto Jan 1, down 15lb, loving it, very sustainable too.
More energy, less pain, better bloodwork (so far).
Old 02-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #235
4bangen
©4bangen©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
Started Keto Jan 1, down 15lb, loving it, very sustainable too.
More energy, less pain, better bloodwork (so far).
Just keep in mind falling off the wagon sucks. While on track, hunger is nearly gone. I don't crave junk food at all. But as soon as I slip up (hitting a drive threw because my kids volleyball tournament went till after 9pm, or I didn't bring anything for lunch or bla bla bla, man that is when the cravings hit. I just want to eat everything I shouldn't and so much of it!
so if you stay keto it's way easier to stay keto.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #236
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

Quote:
Just keep in mind falling off the wagon sucks. While on track, hunger is nearly gone. I don't crave junk food at all. But as soon as I slip up (hitting a drive threw because my kids volleyball tournament went till after 9pm, or I didn't bring anything for lunch or bla bla bla, man that is when the cravings hit. I just want to eat everything I shouldn't and so much of it!
Totally agree, I'm getting back on the wagon myself... If you hit up a drive through just order a double bacon cheeseburger and make sure there's no ketchup or bun (or just don't eat the bun so they don't screw up the order).

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #237
Mach1
rm -rf /

Quote:
Oh yeah, I feel ya. I’ve actually been off and on for the last eight months, I went really hard in December and just ate tons of shit and felt horrible, it pushed me over the edge enough to say screw this I’m sticking with it starting Jan first, this time I’ve got my wife on board as well and her results have been also staggering.

The key for me is just having the right food around the house, I actually went racing a couple weeks ago as well and still was able to avoid the temptation because there are so many options out there, I’m finally getting over the cravings as well which is helpful.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #238
Gasser64
Lifer

Its like its just sitting there hoping you'll fuck up. Gotta be comparable to withdrawals from some drug addiction. I've gotten to where if there's nothing that I should eat, I just won't eat. Fuck it. Better to just wait several hours if you have to.

The worst is when family wants to have some kind of get together or go out to eat or whatever. They won't stop hounding you the entire time. Every 5 seconds they forget that they just asked you if you wanted some of this to eat, or why you're not eating anything. You start thinking "no means no".
Old 03-15-2019, 01:11 AM   #239
renold5
Punk Ass Newbie

Keto diet is generally safe but it is not for everyone.
renold5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #240
4bangen
©4bangen©

I'm still sitting here at between 204 and 210. I keep fucking up and eating things I shouldn't about once a week. Need to get back to how I was doing a few months ago. I was rock solid back then. I think where I keep screwing up is at the grocery store. I'm not shopping well enough and run out of meals about Thursday. But al and all Im still thinner than I've been in almost 10 years.

Tags
kimura ok w/ fatness, nay only eat white dik, ruff cnc own dumbass, ruff is retarded