• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Did you buy a new one?
    Yes, a Honda HRN 166-cc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Yes, a Honda HRN 166-cc.

Sweet! Did it come with a special break in oil or just the bottle of honda oil?
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

You probably already know this but, make sure you use non-ethanol gas or an additive so the carb doesn't get gummed up.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          You probably already know this but, make sure you use non-ethanol gas or an additive so the carb doesn't get gummed up.
          This. Id drive the extra 5-10 miles to get gas from a non-ethanol gas station or marina

Comment

Buccees sells non ethanol 92 octane which is plenty for trimmers and mowers..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I've never had issues w/ ethanol gas in the old hrt-216 tda at my Mom's, but ymmv. We have a jobber station here in town that sells non-ethanol gas, but it's too expensive to justify the cost, especially when I go through 5gal every 3 weeks between the JD zero turn and the Honda.

I'll probably keep runnin the reg unleaded and put a stabilizer in it once the mowing season slows down. I did learn, although unrelated, our grass never goes dormant, so I'll be mowing year round as the weather permits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                I've never had issues w/ ethanol gas in the old hrt-216 tda at my Mom's, but ymmv. We have a jobber station here in town that sells non-ethanol gas, but it's too expensive to justify the cost, especially when I go through 5gal every 3 weeks between the JD zero turn and the Honda.

I'll probably keep runnin the reg unleaded and put a stabilizer in it once the mowing season slows down. I did learn, although unrelated, our grass never goes dormant, so I'll be mowing year round as the weather permits.
                Normal people don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  Normal people don't do that.
                  I don't think I've ever been accused of that.

Comment

Yea as long as you rotate your fuel every 30 days you’re fine with ethanol
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Never had an issue with normal 87 in mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        Never had an issue with normal 87 in mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        That’s fine with mowers.. most 2 stroke trimmers and blowers require 91 or better
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I have a Honda HR214 that my dad bought in the mid 80s. He used it for years but then it sat in the garage for 10+ years because they hired a crew. I took it when I got a house 8 years ago. Cleaned out the carb, new oil, plug, and filter and it's been solid ever since. I just use regular gas but not left in there over the off season. Usually change the oil once a year. Air filter every few years. No signs of slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                            I have a Honda HR214 that my dad bought in the mid 80s. He used it for years but then it sat in the garage for 10+ years because they hired a crew. I took it when I got a house 8 years ago. Cleaned out the carb, new oil, plug, and filter and it's been solid ever since. I just use regular gas but not left in there over the off season. Usually change the oil once a year. Air filter every few years. No signs of slowing down.
                            That does not surprise me one bit. I'll never own anything else when it comes to a push mower.

Comment

That does not surprise me one bit. I'll never own anything else when it comes to a push mower.
                              Try my commercial toro and you may sing a different tune.. lol

It’s a $1200 21” mower though
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                Try my commercial toro and you may sing a different tune.. lol

It’s a $1200 21” mower though
                                I've used a Toro before and it may not have been the same model, but I do see more of them in the commercial space, or did in Texas. Up here in WA, I see more Honda's than anything.

If nothing else, I think we can agree that Toro takes the mantra of "form follows function" quite literally. They're not nice lookin, but they do work.

Comment

Working...
                                X