Dallas raising taxes due to COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
    Well in Arkansas, with a medical card, you can't buy a firearm or possess. It's also a tax thing. Decriminalizing keeps money and invention out of the government's hands.
    that's some bullshit

Comment

Well in Arkansas, with a medical card, you can't buy a firearm or possess. It's also a tax thing. Decriminalizing keeps money and invention out of the government's hands.
      I don’t think stoners would be quicker to unlawfully pull the trigger than someone who has been drinking..
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I don’t think stoners would be quicker to unlawfully pull the trigger than someone who has been drinking..
        Yes, it's a very dumb law. I've got a couple of pretty big stoner friends that refuse to get a card due to that one aspect.

Here is TN anything under 14 grams is a misdemeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          It is part of the 1968 GCA and is nothing new.

Yes, it's a very dumb law. I've got a couple of pretty big stoner friends that refuse to get a card due to that one aspect.

Here is TN anything under 14 grams is a misdemeanor.
          The same law technically prohibits alcoholics as well and was written into the gun control act in 68
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            It is part of the 1968 GCA and is nothing new.

The same law technically prohibits alcoholics as well and was written into the gun control act in 68
            Didn't know that, but we don't need a state issued alcohol card, just a state issued drivers license showing age.

The medical card in Arkansas is easy to get, as I believe it was intended to be. Anxiety, ibs, whatever the aliment.

Comment

So much for Abbott's call for localities to not raise taxes since people are being financially hit, too...

Edit:
              Look like it was rejected. Updated OP news post:

The council rejected the idea with an 11 to 3 vote.

"I will not consider adding to our residents’ economic woes until the city manager presents us with some alternative plans," said Mayor Eric Johnson, who voted against the proposal. "Our residents and businesses in Dallas have faced enough uncertainty in the past two months. They don’t need or deserve to have the possibility of a city property tax hike looming over them this summer."
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

They passed something a year ago limiting what could be raised and how much but did not cap fucking school bullishit and something else, so my fucking county figured out they could raise land values. My 1 acre lot went from 30k to 60k this year and the house jumped 9k so I am protesting. Actual land sales in my area not 100 yards from my house went for 9 to 11k an acre. Just because Google and Vought are buying shit around here doesn't mean joe citizen will pay that. Fucking idiots. They hit a 3rd of the county this way. They jumped my friends 6 acres 120k. Funny though, just out of boredom, I looked on ECAD for some very important names that work for ECAD. 4 houses, one worth 500k on 6 acres just barely got an increase. Sketchy eh?

When I fought them a while back they used houses all over the county because nothing had sold over here. If they raise values all over the county consistently how does anyone fight it? I realize this area is on fire, but god damn they are greedy. Oh we need billion dollar government buildings and stadiums, who cares if people can afford their house. My taxes have doubled in 7 years. We got a nice remodeled barndominium for the city and police where I work. All employees were super happy and it cost a tenth of what some of these PD's are costing else where.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ellis Co is pretty odd. My overall value only went up 9k but my neighbor across the street went up 60k. Next door theirs dropped 20k. And next to them raised 40k. I don't understand how any of those worked out that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X