Failure To Fire - a webcomic about American gun culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    .40..... learn to reload! then go 10mm.....

and if you need a lighter fast round then 38 super.

I really like 9mm and 45 ACP and that's what I stock mostly and have the most guns to shoot..... but if I could just shoot two rounds for power and fun factor it'd be 38 super and 10mm. Gotta love having a wife that buys you 38 super and 10mm dies .

I like the comic by the way. I think the more exposure anti-gun people have to reasonable sane gun owners the better. I love taking people that have never shot to the range for the first time.
    I miss my 38 super. The look on people's faces when you fire the first few off is priceless. It's amazing how much louder it is than a 9mm.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Shooting 10mm also creates an audience at the range. The only thing that created an audience faster was when I had an M1 Garand.... I must get another.

Comment

Shooting 10mm also creates an audience at the range. The only thing that created an audience faster was when I had an M1 Garand.... I must get another.
        Same here the Garand does draw a bit of a crowd. The mall ninjas standing around talking about how much better the ar is. The old guys that carried or used one are the fun ones to talk to I didn't mind them.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Same here the Garand does draw a bit of a crowd. The mall ninjas standing around talking about how much better the ar is. The old guys that carried or used one are the fun ones to talk to I didn't mind them.
          The mall ninjas should go get their body armor and ARs and go up against guys with garlands and M2AP tungsten core rounds.

Comment

The mall ninjas should go get their body armor and ARs and go up against guys with garlands and M2AP tungsten core rounds.
            Plain m2 is pretty impressive against most materials. I would bet most vests wouldn't even stop it.

Comment

If it were my life on the line, i wouldn't be simply betting AP ammo is such a game changer.
              Even armor itself isn't the end all people think it is...you can easily not be hit there.

but given the choice AP ammo vs vest, I'd still choose vest over AP ammo.
              So who's the mall ninja then?

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                If it were my life on the line, i wouldn't be simply betting AP ammo is such a game changer.
                Even armor itself isn't the end all people think it is...you can easily not be hit there.

Depends on the quality of the vest I would think. It takes a good vest to stop any rifle round that most don't have.

Comment

It's also a good point to consider that a vest may prevent the penetration of a rifle round, but you still end up dead because it forces the vest through you.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Physics can be a biatch.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post

LOL mall ninja, go read up on 30-06 M2 AP ammo before saying such silly things. It's one of the last bullets in the world I'd choose to take on. It's on my avoid at all costs lists like 50 cal and raufoss bullets too.

One of the best reasons to ever get into reloading is that you have some interesting bullets available to you if you are willing to pay for them. I'd love to have a nice stack of .308" M2 AP projectiles and raufoss projectiles in case the SHTF.

Comment

Working...
                      X