Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find a valet switch on a viper alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a valet switch on a viper alarm?

Got my car back from my x and I need to locate the valet switch to program new remote. I can't remember where the installer put it or what it even looks like.

Alarm is a 5900 viper and I can't start the car without the valet. Any help?

Pull cover off column. Locate where wire was interrupted by alarm and reconnect to original state. Throw alarm in trash or recycle. No more worries.

Comment

Valet switch is either:
      A. Not installed
      B.a black push button about the size of a pencil eraser usually somewhere under the driver's side of the dash.
      C.built into the antenna mounted on the windshield.

Comment

Finally found it it wasn't put anywhere it was behind the kickpanel by the drivers feet. Now i'm getting 5 led flashs from the viper alarm when trying to start the car. Have a new keyfob coming friday so hope that fixes it.

Comment

If the parking lights flash five times after it has not started, the remote start is seeing brake input.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            If the parking lights flash five times after it has not started, the remote start is seeing brake input.
            Viper said that someone started the car from the ignition switch wjthiht disarming the system. So I'm totally lost going to have to wait till key fob comes in tommorow and hopefully I can program it and make it work.

Comment

Working...
            X