Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d printing for noobs

Good Mornin' Fellas,

Do any of you have a 3D printer? I've been wanting to get into this as a hobby (future profession) for a while and now I'm at a point where I can dig into it.

I've already got a bit of experience with some CAD programs like AutoCAD and Google SketchUp but I'm still trying to figure out where I should start with this. Should I take a class at the local library? (BTW, for those that don't know, a lot of libraries have 3d printers) Should I read a particular book? Is there any coding/scripting skills that would be useful?

And finally,

What printer should I buy? Should it be an el cheapo, or should I go with the most printer I can afford (perhaps $2-3000). Should I get a multi extruding head? Should I get one that uses a particular additive? Should I go with SLA, DLP, SLS, etc., etc., type printers?

or perhaps I should just buy a Makerbot Replicator+ and call it a day. What are you're thoughts?

So some ideas for future projects.
    1. Custom Transformers
    2. IoT devices powered by Raspberry Pi
    3. accents for my woodworking and woodturning projects
    4. Custom badges for cars
    5. Top Secret money making project that will make me a billionaire.

When you go to introduce those IoT devices to a blockchain, let me know. Been playing with Hyperledger's Sawtooth lately.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
    X