WD-40, it is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD-40, it is awesome!

I somehow broke the back-flow/vacuum breaker thingamajig on my outdoor faucet last weekend. Been cranking on it with all sorts of pliers trying to get the old one off, would not budge. Went to HD and got some WD-40, 3 minutes later it turned pretty easy and came right off! It was on there 11 1/2 years, not sure what all kinds of shit was keeping it from turning, but I forgot how good that WD-40 shit is!

Also lubed up an old rusted pair of Robo Grip pliers from Sears, got them as an Xmas gift in probably 98 or 99, work like new again.

Welcome to fish oil.

Comment

Yep, one of those simple household items that has multiple applications. Kind of like a pair of standard and needle nose pliers, which my friends call "fixes all". And the thingamajig you are referring to is a anti-siphon valve.

Comment

Comment

There was nothing demonstrated there except that it eats Styrofoam. Whoopteedoo

Comment

Works like a fing champ at getting tar off of your car.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

There are better penetrating oils out there but they fuckin' smell terrible. A few years back they got down to the winner over at bobistheoilguy, and it wasn't WD-40 of course. It was a kerosine and transmission fluid mixture. I'm gonna pass on that lol.

White lithium grease all day every day for lube though. Its still working well over year later on a gate latch that is exposed the the elements. Its a screeching loud bitch without it. I've come to love that damn grease. But I need to find one in a bottle that doesn't spray it out at the speed of light.
              WH

Comment

Working...
              X