Need suggestions for TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for TV

I am going to get a new TV for my parents for Christmas. I really only have 4 restrictions. I'd like to keep it under $1k, must be 1080p, at least 120Hz and it cannot exceed 40.5" in width due to the opening in the wall for it. I don't really want to get a plasma due to the heat they generate.

Let the suggestions begin.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

My 2010 Plasma Viera S2 series doesn't radiate a lot of heat. However, if you're dead set on LCD. I'd recommend Vizio as being the best good quality bang for your buck 1080p 120Hz LCD. You can find one easily below the price range you mentioned and at various sizes. Start looking at WalMart or Amazon.com And sometimes NewEgg will have good deals in the holiday season. Also, you may want to check out Costco or Sam's.

Comment

Fry's had a 47" LCD 120hz EX500 for $599!!!

I just got a 55" LED 240hz Vizio XVT553SV for $1,498 over the weekend from Sams though.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        Fry's had a 47" LCD 120hz EX500 for $599!!!

I just got a 55" LED 240hz Vizio XVT553SV for $1,498 over the weekend from Sams though.
        Pretty sure both of those would exceed the 40.5" width limit.

I found a 42" LG LED that is 40" wide. I may pick that one up unless another option comes up.
        كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

samsung un40c6300 (37.8" W)
          sony kdl40ex710 (37.5" W)

both are 40" 1080p LED, 120Hz.
          i've got either one for $799
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

50" Panasonic Plasma S2 series. 1080p with anti-glare filter.

Wallyworld $799, last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
              50" Panasonic Plasma S2 series. 1080p with anti-glare filter.

Wallyworld $799, last time I checked.
              Too big. I'm not sure the space between the top and bottom cubby hole can support the weight of a tv and not willing to rebuild it at this time.
              كافر

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                samsung un40c6300 (37.8" W)
                sony kdl40ex710 (37.5" W)

both are 40" 1080p LED, 120Hz.
                i've got either one for $799
                That Samsung may do the trick. I wish they still made a 42", but a 40 will probably be okay.
                كافر

Comment

Working...
                X