Failure To Fire - a webcomic about American gun culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    You dont understand because it is satire based on people whom are like yourself.

The rest of us who arent as well versed in things gun as someone such as yourself step back and find humor in the conversations and many times attitute of the others. Personally, Ive been around it litterally all my life, and can see it clear as day. Its no differnt than anyone deep into a specialty, really. We could change the background of the comics and some of the text a bit and it could be about Brent.
    Maybe that's true. I don't find it very interesting because it appears (to me) like typical banter in a gun store. Maybe the humor is lost on me. It just seems like an awfully specific topic to not cater to the community it's based on. A gun store comic that isn't interesting to gun store patrons.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I like it. I've laughed a few times so far.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Maybe that's true. I don't find it very interesting because it appears (to me) like typical banter in a gun store. Maybe the humor is lost on me. It just seems like an awfully specific topic to not cater to the community it's based on. A gun store comic that isn't interesting to gun store patrons.
        Some of yall can actually laugh at yourself with the rest of us.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I vote for Creepy McRimfire.
            2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
              Threefingerpete? Or what ever his name is. Always chiming in on .22 stuff haha

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                x2

Comment

Heya!

Thanks for the hits, guys. Showed up in our logs pretty prominently.

On the record: FTF is probably NOT going to satisfy hardcore gun nuts. (Keep in mind, I am a hardcore gun nut. This is not a pejorative.) The comic will not ONLY be about guns. They will feature prominently, for two reasons:
                  - Mel and I are both avid shooters.
                  - Mick and Omar work in a gun store.

But a comic JUST about guns would get really boring, very fast. It's going to be about Mick, and his love life, and pistols, and Mosins, and IDPA, and tattoos, and annoying customers, and many, many more things. Not ONLY guns. They're just the heart of the matter. We want to make a comic that gun folk can enjoy, yes - but we also want to reach out to the anti-gun folks and maybe, just maybe, change some minds.

Keep reading, we'll keep making them.

Thanks!

Comment

I think a character of cj looking like he does in his avatar would be funny.

Thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by jlgrant View Post
                      Heya!

On the record: FTF is probably NOT going to satisfy hardcore gun nuts. (Keep in mind, I am a hardcore gun nut. This is not a pejorative.) The comic will not ONLY be about guns. They will feature prominently, for two reasons:

But a comic JUST about guns would get really boring, very fast. It's going to be about Mick, and his love life, and pistols, and Mosins, and IDPA, and tattoos, and annoying customers, and many, many more things. Not ONLY guns. They're just the heart of the matter. We want to make a comic that gun folk can enjoy, yes - but we also want to reach out to the anti-gun folks and maybe, just maybe, change some minds.

Thanks!
                      Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I think a character of cj looking like he does in his avatar would be funny.

Thats just me
                      Absolutely.

jlgrant,

Put this guy in your comic coming in and creaming himself all over the 10mm's

Comment

Heya!

Thanks!
                        Sounds good then, I just didn't see it being specifically tailored to gun nuts, which makes sense. Definitely need some quips about the dominance/unexplained magical exuberance of 10mm cartridge. Possibly some 300 yard single shot kills.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Sounds good then, I just didn't see it being specifically tailored to gun nuts, which makes sense. Definitely need some quips about the dominance/unexplained magical exuberance of 10mm cartridge. Possibly some 300 yard single shot kills.
                          Posted a video about it already on the site - found a vid of some dude hitting a 48 inch target at 350+ yards with a Glock 10mm, if I recall correctly.

I'm not partial to that caliber myself - much prefer .40, for availability and price. 10mm ammo I've only seen online and at specialty stores, whereas I can pick up plinking cheap Federal .40 at any old Wally World.

Comment

Heya!

Thanks!
                            Welcome to the site man. I'm looking forward to reading the comic.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

much prefer .40
                              much prefer .40
                              much prefer .40
                              much prefer .40
                              much prefer .40

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X