Looking for new carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new carry...

The trusty PT145 is gone. It started being a Taurus so it has been sold. Looking now at the M&P .45 compact, XDm 3.8 compact in .45 or the Glock 30s. I'm not crazy about the M&P trigger safety. Not sure how to feel about there being a rear plastic rail assembly on the frame of the XD, and honestly just don't like Glocks. Thoughts/opinions are welcome.

How about a Kahr? Great carry guns and several board members have them and love them.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      How about a Kahr? Great carry guns and several board members have them and love them.
      This.
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I will second this, I own two of them for carry, a cm9 and cw9. But I also like glocks so take that for what it is worth. I have shot my friend's m&p shield and considered buying one before I got the second kahr. Decide if you want a single or double stack and go from there.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Saiga 12ga?

Comment

AK pistol

Comment

P938
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If you want to try the mp45c lmk. I can meet up and let you shoot mine a little.
                In all honesty the trigger safety on it is pretty much un noticeable. It's nothing like the glock/xd system.

Comment

if you must own a 45 Id do the xds.

I have a new shield 9mm I bought and Ive never shot or even took it out of the box. Id sell for 350.

Comment

I have an XDm Compact 9mm for this. I also have an XDS for when it's too big. My problem with the S is the low capacity. The XDm 9 compact holds 13 in the short mag and 19 in the big mag. The 45 capacity was just too low for my liking in a carry pistol.

I really like the XDm compared to the Glock 19 I used to own. If you want to shoot them before you buy one, we can probably get together sometime. Bring something I don't have to shoot and viola.

I'm going to add an XDm 45 to my collection eventually, but it will most likely be a full size one.

Comment

Of the ones mentioned, I would go with the XDm followed by the Glock.

Comment

Colt New Agent.

Comment

I carry a sig p290 which I love. Others have mentioned some good ones also. Can't go wrong with a kahr

Comment

EDC is a Kahr CW9. Occasionally carry my Glock 42 when deep concealment is needed.
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I really like my XD-S.

Comment

Working...
                              X