Looking for new carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
    that gun doesn't get the attention that it deserves.
    I really love this gun. Plenty of power, and it is very easily concealable. I don't carry it much either, unless I'm hunting as a sidearm or just out in the woods. If I ever get another CCL here in PA, it will be my primary carry for sure.

Comment

The cm9 trigger did not feel that heavy to me but it is really long on the pull and reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        I really love this gun. Plenty of power, and it is very easily concealable. I don't carry it much either, unless I'm hunting as a sidearm or just out in the woods. If I ever get another CCL here in PA, it will be my primary carry for sure.
        LTC, brah.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't like the external sights.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            I don't understand why the sight groove is better than the Officer/Defender's actual sights.
            I had a New Agent and eventually got rid of it because of the lack of sights. Other than that it was a great gun. Cycled everything I put through it without any failures and had a great trigger and shot good groups for a 3" barrel. I just never could get used to the gutter sight and it shot several inches low relative to point of aim at 7 yards.

I've got my heart set on an STI Lawman 3.0 for my next carry gun.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
              I carry a sig p290 which I love. Others have mentioned some good ones also. Can't go wrong with a kahr
              x2 most of the time, over the last year.

Since acquiring a Glock 42 I have noticed I favor it a lot now though. It's like having nothing in your pocket. I figure the day I have to use it, it will be arms length, and right in the eye socket. I have the TFO sights coming for it this week.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Love my Shield. I carry IWB shirt tucked in 5 o'clock. Very comfortable No printing at all.

Can't go wrong with an XDS or glock 26-27.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I read colt's reasoning for the trench sites, and I agree with them. New agent is a gun for cc, and most cc you dont light up sites and shoot. With the smooth trench sites less worry of snagging.

Then again, if the trench sites were such a good idea, the gun would sell better, and more pistols would have them. I like the trench fine. I sold my new agent cause I never carried it. I miss that pistol a lot
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Why did you guys hardly ever carry it? Weight? Don't know if I could get used to the trench sights but I've never had a problem with sights snagging before either so maybe it's not for me.

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  I had a New Agent and eventually got rid of it because of the lack of sights. Other than that it was a great gun. Cycled everything I put through it without any failures and had a great trigger and shot good groups for a 3" barrel. I just never could get used to the gutter sight and it shot several inches low relative to point of aim at 7 yards.

I've got my heart set on an STI Lawman 3.0 for my next carry gun.
                  Did the New Agent shoot well right out of the box or was there a break in period?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    x2 most of the time, over the last year.

Since acquiring a Glock 42 I have noticed I favor it a lot now though. It's like having nothing in your pocket. I figure the day I have to use it, it will be arms length, and right in the eye socket. I have the TFO sights coming for it this week.
                    Man I just don't know if I could trust my life to a .380 ACP. Seems like I read a review recently of some .380 ammo and it did fine. But for the slight trade off to a 9mm, I don't know if it's worth it. Why would you not carry a 9mm Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Why did you guys hardly ever carry it? Weight? Don't know if I could get used to the trench sights but I've never had a problem with sights snagging before either so maybe it's not for me.

Did the New Agent shoot well right out of the box or was there a break in period?
                      The new agent is a bad motherfuckers. That thing would cycle anything I ever put into it. I LOVED that pistol. Reason I didn't carry it is I didn't want to put holster wear on a 900 pistol.

As for the trench sites, I have the idea if I ever have to use my gun in real life, I wont have time to use my sites, it will be within 15 feet at most, and I train myself to shoot by not using the sites at all. I feel Im fairly good at that.

Fuck now Im shopping for another new agent lol

as for weight, it was as light as my glock 26, I wanna say it was lighter.

Comment

I have a CW9, the trigger pull is long and somewhat heavy but it's smooth. I would really like to go down to a CM9 for the smaller size.

Comment

The new agent is a bad motherfuckers. That thing would cycle anything I ever put into it. I LOVED that pistol. Reason I didn't carry it is I didn't want to put holster wear on a 900 pistol.
                          WM, I'm not picking on ya, but maybe I can change your point of view a bit. I don't like the cost argument for picking a self defense pistol or shtf rifle. What is your life worth to you? This same reasoning got me to buy much better motorcycle helmets than I would have.

If the colt is as reliable as you say and you shoot it that well than it's a bargain and holster wear ought to be the last thing on your mind.

Considerations should be:

Reliability, accuracy with that particular firearm, conceal ability, ease of maintenance and repair.... Then maybe cost. I'm glad there are firearms for every budget as I believe everyone should practice the 2nd amendment, but economics only is not how to pick a carry gun.

I'm leaning hard towards a colt commander in 38 super.... And then my xdm and xds for when it's too big.

I shoot 1911s most accurately and 38 super offer higher capacity than 45, and I get aligned back on target way faster with 38 super. I can high speed mag dump 9mm and 38 super but not 45 and sure as hell not 10 mm.

My Christmas to me this year a 38 super colt commander and some El Paso saddlery leather for it. Cheap insurance if my life is ever on the line. I will carry it with underwood ammo too.

Comment

My ccws all cost less than 500. Perfectly comfortable with all

Comment

I carry a G-32 with seven rounds. Light as hell and sometimes I forget I'm even carrying it. I don't care if it gets taken in a clean shoot situation or if it gets stolen from my car if I have to leave it, if I'm going into a 30.06 place of business.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Man I just don't know if I could trust my life to a .380 ACP. Seems like I read a review recently of some .380 ammo and it did fine. But for the slight trade off to a 9mm, I don't know if it's worth it. Why would you not carry a 9mm Jason?
                                Like I said, it will more then likely be close quarters if I get into shit off duty. In that case, instead of handing over my wallet, I will put two to the dome. I train a lot with all of my guns to the point I feel I am proficient enough to make someone pay quickly with any round I carry, A 22 will kill you if it hits you right. When Glock makes a 9mm single stack I will probably go to that if it is light enough. Most people that carry around a .45 couldn't hit the side of a barn at 7 yards but it makes them feel better. I would rather have something comfortable/reliable to just throw in my pocket and be there whenever I need it.

A lot of people get into bad situations by not watching their surroundings and asserting themselves properly. I was in Atlanta the other night and my wife pulls off in a rough area to get gas. I went in to piss then was walking back to the car when a guy started walking towards me telling me he was out of gas again "god dammit". I kept walking my pace, reached into my right pocket, made eye contact, and told him that if he didn't back off, he was not going like what happened next. He politely said my bad and strolled back to his ride. No threats, no violence, but he got the point I wasn't fucking around.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X