Mitsubishi 65" DLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi 65" DLP

Anyone have one of these? I am seriously thinking about picking one up but don't know much about DLP other than the view gets a little hard to see from the sides.

What is quality like? Do bulbs burn out often, etc?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

I bought one, mmm, a year and a half to two years ago? Haven't had a single problem with it though. Haven't had to replaced the bulb yet, and don't think I will need to any time soon. The picture is still like it was the day I bought it. Supposedly before a bulb lets go, things will start to fade and colors won't be as vibrant. Mine is the diamond series, and the picture is more clear and pronounced than their standard series. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. In fact, I desperately want the 82" version that they have out now.

Only thing with DLP is you can't hang it on a wall like a flat panel. But if you have the room, DLP has the best bang for the buck.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I bought one, mmm, a year and a half to two years ago? Haven't had a single problem with it though. Haven't had to replaced the bulb yet, and don't think I will need to any time soon. The picture is still like it was the day I bought it. Supposedly before a bulb lets go, things will start to fade and colors won't be as vibrant. Mine is the diamond series, and the picture is more clear and pronounced than their standard series. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. In fact, I desperately want the 82" version that they have out now.

Only thing with DLP is you can't hang it on a wall like a flat panel. But if you have the room, DLP has the best bang for the buck.
      Check Office Max. They have had open box specials for super cheap. That is why I have been looking at the 65" DLP ($7xx). I have a big wall so space isn't an issue, neither is hanging it on the wall - doesn't bother me. I guess I will have to look at stands too, didn't think about that.
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        Check Office Max. They have had open box specials for super cheap. That is why I have been looking at the 65" DLP ($7xx). I have a big wall so space isn't an issue, neither is hanging it on the wall - doesn't bother me. I guess I will have to look at stands too, didn't think about that.
        Yeah, I still haven't found a stand I like for mine. And I look everywhere I go!

You've been to Jared's, and seen the picture on his TV. His is just the 73" version.

Comment

Yeah, I still haven't found a stand I like for mine. And I look everywhere I go!

You've been to Jared's, and seen the picture on his TV. His is just the 73" version.
          Yeah that was the only thing I have been comparing. I wouldn't mind a 73" but I don't really need a tv and the prices for the 65" in my opinion are to good to pass up.

Comment

Went to Frys just a couple days ago and they had the stands for 299.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
              Went to Frys just a couple days ago and they had the stands for 299.

I don't like the shit Fry's sells, or Best Buy, etc. It's all cheap shit. Beyond that, stands for larger tvs are difficult to find as it is. Most only make stands to hold up to 50-55"

I want something like you would see in Z Gallery. But currently, they don't have anything I like, either.

Comment

I don't like the shit Fry's sells, or Best Buy, etc. It's all cheap shit. Beyond that, stands for larger tvs are difficult to find as it is. Most only make stands to hold up to 50-55"

I want something like you would see in Z Gallery. But currently, they don't have anything I like, either.
                Naw dude, it's the stand made exactly for the TV from Mitsu...

I'm sure you can get em in other places though.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Naw dude, it's the stand made exactly for the TV from Mitsu...

I'm sure you can get em in other places though.

Yeah... No.

Comment

I see these tvs all the time, but I can't figure out how your supposed to get an entertainment center to work for them.

I want an entertainment center with towers on the side and a top. It is hard to find one that will work for that size.

Comment

Yeah... No.
                      Oh I see! You want one with a gray poupon holder

Comment

Mike, ours is a DLP too, just a baby one compared to Jareds (56"). Ours is Samsung, we have had it 4 years or so and replaced the bulb a few months ago. Leah found it online (complete housing) for $100. For the money, and if you have the space, I think DLP is the way to go.

Comment

I love my 61" Samsung slim DLP. I've had it almost 3 years, and not a single issue with it.

Hanging on the wall is nothing I care about since I still need a table for all my audio and video equipment, might as well just set a TV on top. The stand I have is $49 at Ikea.

Screen size per $ they cannot be beat.

Comment

samsung dlp here. had it almost 3 years, original bulb but the pic is starting to fade a little so im fixing to order a light as a backup...We love our dlp and will be getting the 65'' soon

Comment

Did you catch this thread? http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5364

The 65" was $650 a week or so ago, you might still be able to swing that deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X