No announcement yet.

Extra gaming PC stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH man, I'd run a cat5 cable to the desktop, wireless can be flaky. I only use wireless where I have to or where potential problems won't matter. But that's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      no worries, the way your going is the way to learn fo' sho'. What's the service tag on the Dell?
      What is that and where do I find it?

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      TBH man, I'd run a cat5 cable to the desktop, wireless can be flaky. I only use wireless where I have to or where potential problems won't matter. But that's just me...
      I just got back from Frys and the guy said the same. I said the router is going to be 10ft way and he said I should be okay being that close. Just the way the room is set up, its on another wall and there's not room for the computer over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post

I just got back from Frys and the guy said the same. I said the router is going to be 10ft way and he said I should be okay being that close. Just the way the room is set up, its on another wall and there's not room for the computer over there.
        I have 50/50 nets and with the below wireless card I get steady 15 down from steam. it's also the only device that's connected to my route via wireless or wire, so there's that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I have 50/50 nets and with the below wireless card I get steady 15 down from steam. it's also the only device that's connected to my route via wireless or wire, so there's that, too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
          I saw the usb ones and wasn't sure how good they'd be. I ended up getting this for now to get online and download the drivers and stuff I need. I saw I need to update my Bios before I swap out the processor, so I'm really wanting to get online to get this moving along.

Wireless-N Speed Up To 300Mbps
          TP-link 300mbps Wireless N Pci Adapter

Frys #: 8604320Brand: TP-LinkUPC : 845973050641Model: TL-WN851ND

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post

Is a silver tag, usually on the back of the case. It's a 5 or 6 digit code that you can look up drivers and it will also give you the specs that the PC came with. You can get the latest BIOS update from there too.

dell.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              Is a silver tag, usually on the back of the case. It's a 5 or 6 digit code that you can look up drivers and it will also give you the specs that the PC came with. You can get the latest BIOS update from there too.

dell.com/support
              Cool...if I can get online tonight, Ill try to do the Bios update and then hopeful change that Processor this weekend...Just realized I forgot the thermal paste.

Comment

I got connected online tonight, suggested virus protection?

Comment

Pcmatic.com

Comment

I'll check that out tonight ty sir!

Comment

I just wanted to add that the Q6600 processor and 1050ti graphics card are working great! I let the game decide where to put the graphics ratio on GTA5 and most everything is very high and at full capacity as far as traffic and peds. I'm very impressed with the game play for a free old ass computer and $250 in upgrades.

Comment

I'll have some older, but still rocking strong, pc speakers available soon. They've served me well over the last 18yrs and I'm sure they still have life in them, but I'm ready for new ones.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

Anyone want a dead i7-770? Not sure what's wrong with it, but it wont boot up.

Comment

7700(k)?

Comment

Just an i7-7700.

Comment

The pc boots with another processor of the same socket type?

Comment

Working...
                                X