Toyata dealers scamming customers with hiked prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    Speaking of Raptor's, how many get purchased, but never driven off road? I bet a lot!
    And that is a good thing, I frequently see Raptors driving down the street or in parking lots that have very obviously bent frames.

What tickles me the most about the Raptors is that the people that drive them think that they are invincible. I'll put my 73 F 150 4 x 4 with a 460 up against any of them any day of the week off road.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      And that is a good thing, I frequently see Raptors driving down the street or in parking lots that have very obviously bent frames.

What tickles me the most about the Raptors is that the people that drive them think that they are invincible. I'll put my 73 F 150 4 x 4 with a 460 up against any of them any day of the week off road.
      Well, it IS your truck after all. I mean, God’s personal chariot itself could not compete with SVO’s whip!

David

Comment

WTF are you talking about? It is just a truck with a solid driveline, good ground clearance, an engine that makes good low end torque along with a converter matched to the truck. The only thing unusual about the setup is an extremely large trans cooler with an electric fan that is controlled by a temp sensor in the oil pan.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

$499 for "hydrogen filled tires" - someone should be slapped for that

Comment

There was a recall on that! Like some genius decided to put a hole in the frame at the shock mount. Bunch of them were out running some trail and after a slight hick up in the trail they all had bent frames.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              When I purchased my Ford GT, the dealership had added a 50,000.00 "market adjustment fee" to the price on the window sticker....

Fortunately, the broker I used had already negotiated the price for me and that 50K mark up was the first thing thrown out of the deal.

mardyn
              Choo$$ Choo$$ skin confirmed!
              Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              Really? Why the sudden demand for an "old" body on frame SUV?
              Because they're better than unibody, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                There was a recall on that! Like some genius decided to put a hole in the frame at the shock mount. Bunch of them were out running some trail and after a slight hick up in the trail they all had bent frames.
                I don't think the damage that I'm seeing is caused by a weak shock mount. What I see the most of is the top of the bed touching the back of the cab with a huge gap at the bottom and the trucks dog tracking as they drive down the road. I haven't crawled under the trucks to see what's up so I could easily be mistaken about the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  It isn't supply and demand though. It is a scam of perceived scarcity. The fact that some people fall for it doesn't mean it isn't, it just means it works sometimes. If stealerships weren't involved in scamming the shit out of people, they wouldn't have an army of lobbyists in Austin making sure only they get to sell cars.
                  Its probably like most other things. A new car really should only cost about $7k for something like a toyota corolla. Maybe the best F150 ever made should be $18k. If the market were allowed to go full bloodbath mode. But those lobbyists make sure that is never allowed to happen.
                  WH

Comment

The most expensive Toyota 4Runner near me is a TRD Pro with options out the ass at like $50k. Do people really not look at the internet before they go and start negotiating?

Comment

I don't think the damage that I'm seeing is caused by a weak shock mount. What I see the most of is the top of the bed touching the back of the cab with a huge gap at the bottom and the trucks dog tracking as they drive down the road. I haven't crawled under the trucks to see what's up so I could easily be mistaken about the cause.
                      It happens when the suspension is loaded up already and you hit a big bump, then the frame bends where the factory bump stop is. If you're going to be hard on a gen1 raptor your first mod should be after market bracing and bumpstop.

Comment

Toyota does keep their value better than any other brand for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                          Toyota does keep their value better than any other brand for a reason
                          That is what I had always heard then I had an uncle pass away who had 2 Tundras, low miles great shape. Went to help my aunt sell them and got nothing but low ball offers. I deal with selling multiple work trucks a year (GM) and buy/sell my personal truck (Ford) every 1-2 years so it isn't like this was my first rodeo with selling on the internet. It was very surprising, the complete opposite of what I had always heard.

My only conclusions were either dealers give good trade in value because they aren't discounting the new trucks so its really a wash and you aren't any better off than with the big 3, or Toyotas just aren't as popular in West Texas as they are in metro areas.

Comment

The older Tacoma’s seem to have a super high resale value.
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              The older Tacoma’s seem to have a super high resale value.
                              Tell me about it, I went looking for a 4x4 version from the early 2000s and they were all asking about 50% of the original purchase price. I wound up buying a V8 4Runner instead.

Comment

my buddy sold his grampa's 35k miles 2004 tacoma for $27,000 and it was sold to the highest bidder in a estate sale

Comment

Working...
                                X