TheNerds.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheNerds.net

Has anyone ever purchased from this site?

I have been searching for a decent but less expensive surround sound system. I finally found one with really good reviews and noticed it was $50 cheaper on thenerds.net from other online retailers and even as much as $100 cheaper than bestbuy. So being impatient I went ahead and purchased it from thenerds.net.

I was bored and decided to read reviews from this company and have noticed they are less than surperb. Now I understand every company will have negative reviews but where my concern comes in at is all the positive reviews seem to consistent. For example, all of the good reviews have a lot of similiarties, ie the item I purchased was much cheaper than any other site and shipped super fast! It just seems a bit strange that all the good reviews will pretty much have the same similarities.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this site?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

no but it's alot easier to find something negative to say than it is something positive. I wouldn't immediately think something was fishy because there is not a huge variance in the positive reviews. Esp with a product like surround sound, what are they supposed to write. That it sounds better than the same system that was bought from best buy for 100$ more?

Comment

I just fell victim of the majority. I checked status this morning and it said my order was cancelled just like all the negative reviews. Lesson learend I suppose. I guess it is off to Bestbuy to buy at retail price.
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Do you have a make / model picked out?

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
          Do you have a make / model picked out?
          Yes. It is nothing great b ut has received a lot of great reviews for the price.

Sony HTSS370

Comment

Don't buy a Sony!!!!
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Don't buy a Sony!!!!
              I have looked over around 400 reviews from numerous sites and the average user rating was 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is good enough for me.

If you can show me something with equal or greater ratings for less than $220 that has the receiver and all then I will consider it. lol

I am looking for something cheap (I know you get what you pay for) but all the reviews said it is a great stereo for the price and that is all I really want.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                I have looked over around 400 reviews from numerous sites and the average user rating was 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is good enough for me.

If you can show me something with equal or greater ratings for less than $220 that has the receiver and all then I will consider it. lol

I am looking for something cheap (I know you get what you pay for) but all the reviews said it is a great stereo for the price and that is all I really want.

I'm just saying, Sony is fucking awful. But you're handcuffing yourself with the price. You're not going to find anything of halfass decent quality with that price.

Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I'm just saying, Sony is fucking awful. But you're handcuffing yourself with the price. You're not going to find anything of halfass decent quality with that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YHT-393.../dp/B003CP0KAA
                  If it means anything, Frys and Newegg both have it for close to $300. lol

Comment

I picked up the HTSS370 last night from Bestbuy and have no complaints. It did however take forever to setup but it is clear and doesn't have any distortion fromw hat I can tell so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X