No announcement yet.

Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something like that could have caused damage to the bearings, only time or dropping the pan and inspecting a few will tell.

Years ago after breaking in a brand new motor I did the first oil change, and didn't notice the oil filter gasket was still on the block, leaving me with double gaskets when the new filter went on. I took off to go to the parts store and within a mile or so started spewing oil everywhere until the motor stopped running. I didn't notice the oil coming out due to the heavy rain that day, or else I would've stopped sooner. But no damage was done apparently, other than the other cars trying to drive on that street, they all spun out.

When I got it home, I refilled the oil and beat on that engine for years with no issues.

Comment

Walmart is smart! They wanted you to give up you're complaint.

Comment

Please tell me you didn't go buy the new oil and filter at Walmart? Yeah I dont know how their service dept stays open. I'm sure the tear up at least a car or two a week.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Man, forget goin' to da club to meet somethin' new! When I wanna meet somethin' new, I go get me a basket, and I go walk around Walmart. All da women be in Walmart, ya heard?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            ya heard?
            naw man
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              Man, forget goin' to da club to meet somethin' new! When I wanna meet somethin' new, I go get me a basket, and I go walk around Walmart. All da women be in Walmart, ya heard?
              Boy shorts? Panty hose?
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Yeah but has some subtle damage been done that will shorten the engine life? Something he gets to find out about long afterwards. And then walmart can claim it wasn't their fault.
                I mean yea it’s possible, but he was able to drain 2.5 quarts when he got home on from less than a 5 mile hike. I’d be willing to bet the engine damage is extremely minimal, if any.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

It's fine as long as oil pressure was in the normal range.

Comment

A. Pressure was fine the entire way home.
                    B. Low oil message never came on while I was driving it. Only an hour later as more oil apparently drained under the truck in my garage.
                    C. This isn't over yet. Manager of the service center called me this morning while I was on a conference call at work so I couldn't take the call. She left a very brief message as she was obviously annoyed at having to call a customer. I immediately called back to the number she told me to call and asked to speak to her..I was told she was busy and would call me back. After 2 hours I called back on the hour...every hour until 3pm and was told each time she was not available. Clearly she is avoiding my call.
                    D. At 3:30 a claims rep from the headquarters called me and wanted to discuss the matter. After I explained everything and what I found after repairing it myself...he told me he would reach out to the store and tell them I needed my truck cleaned and detailed (up to a 500 dollar limit) and that he would suggest I be refunded my money. He said if they did not handle it that he would go over the store level and handle it himself. He asked for me to send him what pictures I had. So maybe this will be taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      A. Pressure was fine the entire way home.
                      B. Low oil message never came on while I was driving it. Only an hour later as more oil apparently drained under the truck in my garage.
                      C. This isn't over yet. Manager of the service center called me this morning while I was on a conference call at work so I couldn't take the call. She left a very brief message as she was obviously annoyed at having to call a customer. I immediately called back to the number she told me to call and asked to speak to her..I was told she was busy and would call me back. After 2 hours I called back on the hour...every hour until 3pm and was told each time she was not available. Clearly she is avoiding my call.
                      D. At 3:30 a claims rep from the headquarters called me and wanted to discuss the matter. After I explained everything and what I found after repairing it myself...he told me he would reach out to the store and tell them I needed my truck cleaned and detailed (up to a 500 dollar limit) and that he would suggest I be refunded my money. He said if they did not handle it that he would go over the store level and handle it himself. He asked for me to send him what pictures I had. So maybe this will be taken care of.
                      If they do that, I think that’s fair.. they should clean up the big ass oily mess they made.. how in the hell do you not tighten a filter as you’re putting it on? It’s easy as shit to do by hand especially in a Chevy truck!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        If they do that, I think that’s fair.. they should clean up the big ass oily mess they made.. how in the hell do you not tighten a filter as you’re putting it on? It’s easy as shit to do by hand especially in a Chevy truck!
                        This is what happens when unemployment is too low...

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          This is what happens when unemployment is too low...
                          Sooooo fucking true! Good techs are making bank these days while Lincoln tech fucks are doing shit like this.

Comment

• TLDR:
                            Did you burn Walmart down or nah?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              TLDR:
                              Did you burn Walmart down or nah?
                              Nah, but he tried to give then an earful.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                Nah, but he tried to give then an earful.
                                It's all funny until it happens to you. When I went out there in person yesterday and dealt with the shit customer service that store has and the general attitude of most of the employees and managers...I came close to making a scene. It took 30 minutes after I got there for that manager I spoke to on the phone to waddle her lazy ass up to the front for me to file the claim...and then she brought all the paperwork in spanish so she had to go find the forms in English...when I asked her about the store surveillance cameras covering the auto service center she just kind of smiled and laughed at me and said "yeah theys cameras back thur". I had zero confidence that she even turned in the forms until I got the phone call today. I knew Walmart was a shitty company since Sam Walton died...but I had no idea it had gotten this bad. I honestly think a lot of the problem with this particular incident is that (for that location anyway)...I am the wrong color.

Comment

Working...
                                X