Fender modification for bigger tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender modification for bigger tires

Hey guys, I Just moved to Dallas and barely getting to know the area. Anyway, I have a 92 fox body Gt. Right now the tires that I'm running are 245/40/17's oh and BTW any bump I hit makes them rub the inner fender wells. This has caused my tires to get chewed up, and I die a little each time I hear it. I lowered the front an inch and a half so nothing too major, but the problem is that I want bigger tires for the back. I've heard of people using the eastwood fender roller and "massaging" (beating the heck out of it with a bat) but I don't think I'd trusst myself to do either. Is their anyone that has experience or any ideas on how to solve my problem. Thanks for the help

Originally posted by Lucky 13 View Post
    Hey guys, I Just moved to Dallas and barely getting to know the area. Anyway, I have a 92 fox body Gt. Right now the tires that I'm running are 245/40/17's oh and BTW any bump I hit makes them rub the inner fender wells. This has caused my tires to get chewed up, and I die a little each time I hear it. I lowered the front an inch and a half so nothing too major, but the problem is that I want bigger tires for the back. I've heard of people using the eastwood fender roller and "massaging" (beating the heck out of it with a bat) but I don't think I'd trusst myself to do either. Is their anyone that has experience or any ideas on how to solve my problem. Thanks for the help

sounds like you got the wrong wheels. 245/40's should be fine.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yeah I have 315's on mine, it's tight but no problem.

Comment

I wanted to bump up to 275/40/17s in the back and not worry about the fender chewing them up. I've seen a lot of guys with 315's and 275's but I dont know how many of them had to do work to their fenders and inner fender wells at least to the back.

Comment

On my 04 Termy I rolled the outer fenders with a roller cause my car sits maybe a quarter inch above the tires in the rear. Running 315's when I would hit a bump, the fenders would shave off pieces of my tire, rolled them and no more problems. 245's shouldn't give you any trouble at all.. Like the other guy said, wrong wheel maybe.
          Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

If you post up your wifes tits I would be more than happy to give you step by step instructions.

Comment

Where did this guy go??
              Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

wooden baseball bat, a friend, and a steady hand
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  wooden baseball bat, a friend, and a steady hand
                  X2, the ghetto way but it works lolz
                  Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Junioropolous07 View Post
                    X2, the ghetto way but it works lolz
                    Don't you live in Waxahachie?
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Don't you live in Waxahachie?
                      I do but only been living here for 6 months. Spent my whole life in West Ft. Worth. What does it matter?
                      Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Working...
                      X