Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC cancels Roseanne Barr's sitcom after her tweet about black Obama aide Valerie Jar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC cancels Roseanne Barr's sitcom after her tweet about black Obama aide Valerie Jar

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Roseanne’s agent just said they will no longer represent her.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

Jesus Christ, who cares and when will these famous people learn to shut the fuck up!

Comment

I don't think that comment was racist at all. She's an asshole, not a racist.

Comment

How pissed would you be if you were a cast member or on the production staff?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            The ABC president is a black woman.

Comment

2:45 AM... Stay the fuck off social media (unless it's DFWM in which case no one cares).
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

This fills me with joy. fuck that nasty cunt.

Comment

Comment

I'm confused on how people could think Roseanne was smart, or take her side, in any of this.

It's two thousand fucking eighteen, what the fuck did she think was going to happen?
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest news heard in the radio, she is blaming it on taking Ambien.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        I'm confused on how people could think Roseanne was smart, or take her side, in any of this.

It's two thousand fucking eighteen, what the fuck did she think was going to happen?
                        I don't defend. I think it was in very poor taste, and there was plenty of material there for her to make jokes that were not racist.

I do question the disparate treatment, however. Why is only one side held to account?

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        Had a busy day.

Roseanne, a comedienne, made a joke about Valerie Jarrett in very poor taste.

Wanda Sykes, who played role on the show, quit because you shouldn't ever make a joke about race.

And ABC cancelled her show for it.

They've been wanting her show gone because it was successful and supported Trump. They did the same to Last Man Standing.

She gave them the excuse.

Good thing our betters, these paragons of virtue and morality, treat all bigots of any stripe the same. There is no tolerance for intolerance.

All of these people and their cancelled shows and specials can attest to that.

Every one of those still has their show...
                        Any race is racist toward white people?
                        Eh.

A white person is racist towards POC?
                        !!!

--

Muslims set up "grooming gangs", the PC term for child rape gangs, and rape untold thousands over the span of 3 decades in the UK.
                        Eh.

If white people did the same?
                        !!!

When Tommy Robinson (white guy) reports from outside the trial of member of said rape gang.
                        Thrown in jail for 13 months.

--

Refugee status for the white south africans who are getting their farms tsken away by govt force with no compensation. They whose families are getting robbed, stolen from, gang raped and murdered in horrific ways by roaming black gangs-
                        with the tacit acceptance of the ruling black government?
                        Eh.

Refugee status in the U.S. for black and brown people (muslim and hispanic) whose countries aren't even in a conflict area.
                        "We're a nation of immigrants!! Refugees welcome!

Treatment like this is what is fanning the flames of racism.

This phenomenon holds true with regard to collectivists and individualists. I think that has almost everything to do with the resurgence of racial strife over the decades.

It doesn't help that most POCs, at least those involved with politics and media have an affinity for collectivism or are themselves collectivists. It certainly doesn't help that over a third of white people are as well.

That leaves as individualists a majority of white people and a minority of POCs, at least small enough to be diregarded and denigrated by the collectivists as "Uncle Tom's" and "Traitors to their race" without consequence.

Side question:
                        If there was a country populated by black and brown people who were conservative individualists, would the left be as strident in their wish to immigrate them to the US?

I believe it's this confluence of racism and collectivist politics that is so dangerous. Historically, it has led to some truly horrific outcomes.

Something has got to give. Either we go back to the morally correct idea and ideal that right is right and wrong is wrong, objectively - or we go further down this road and find out just how "right" wrong can get.

NO ONE should want that outcome, yet we as society seem to be making choices that not only lead toward it, but almost ensure it.
                        Last edited by sc281; 05-30-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Fucking white privilege

Comment

So are you all finally realizing POC are the predominantly racist people on this planet yet? Racism is also be and well. Read your farm animal and learn what double talk is again. It’s all a bunch of contrived bullshit designed to destroy the US and The Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Doesn't even resemble a racist comment. And the world needs more assholes that say shit like that.

Only reason they canceled the show is that the tweet hurt the regressive agenda. Harder to get back to the old soviet times when someone like her is saying negative shit about your people.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X