Debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Hope the NRA runs it over and over again and it cost them more seats like it did when Clinton did it
    I guess it wasn't an opportune time to bring up the fact that the assault weapons ban had a higher level of gun violence than after the ban.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      You really should say what you mean. This is getting annoying fixing you like Biden
      you'll never be a pappenfuss
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• A lot of people will say Obama won. They must be using a spread, and because Romney could have done better. Romney still won but could have done better. The moderator thinks retracting her statement after makes up for her screw up. No way the same number of people see the retracted statement, as what she did in the debate.

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTUk3rdg1Q[/ame]

@ 1:18 "No acts of terror..." Does he come out and say "The Libyans performed a terrorist attack against America?" No. But saying it was an "act of terror" is a strong insinuation. Not exactly a home-run for either side on this particular issue.

Comment

• Political standings aside, he quite clearly said "acts of terror," and that's what Romney called him out as not saying.

Originally posted by The Debate
            "I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people and the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened, that this was an act of terror," Obama told the crowd at Hofstra University.

"I think it's interesting, the president just said something which is that on the day after the attack he went in the Rose Garden and said this was an act of terror?" Romney said

"That's what I said," said Obama.

"You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror, it was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?" Romney asked Obama again, his eyebrows rising.

"Please proceed, Governor," Obama said to the stunned Romney.

"I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror," Romney said.

"He did, in fact, sir," Crowley told Romney.
            Originally posted by The President in the Rose Garden
            "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said toward the end of his speech that day.
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdWnigWY0o[/ame]

And this just happend to be what popped up when I searched Youtube, so I don't want to hear anything about "liberal bias." Just listen to what was said at the debate. We can debate what he meant by "acts of terror" all day long but the fact still remains that he said it, and Romney said he didn't say it. He even used the same language that the President used. Was the entire Libya situation handled in the wrong way? Absolutely. But Mitt set himself up BAD for this one tonight by using the exact phrasing that the President used. Flame away.
            Last edited by GSRGuy94; 10-17-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Im not sure I want 4 years of Obama again. I have seen what he has done this past 4 years & gas has gone up & defcit has doubled & people are struggling in this country. I mow yards cause I got to. Not cause I want to!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
                Political standings aside, he quite clearly said "acts of terror," and that's what Romney called him out as not saying.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And this just happend to be what popped up when I searched Youtube, so I don't want to hear anything about "liberal bias." Just listen to what was said at the debate. We can debate what he meant by "acts of terror" all day long but the fact still remains that he said it, and Romney said he didn't say it. He even used the same language that the President used. Was the entire Libya situation handled in the wrong way? Absolutely. But Mitt set himself up BAD for this one tonight by using the exact phrasing that the President used. Flame away.
                Wrong. He did not call it an act of terror. Speaking in general terms did NOT address the particular incident. Why you want to argue experts (including Ms. Crowley) is beyond me.

Comment

• Did anyone else catch the bullshit Barry threw out early on about why gas was $1.80 a gallon when he came in? Because things were so bad with the economy, gas was cheap. Really? I literally fell off of the sofa. So when gas was a $1 a gallon in 1999, we must have been in a damn depression that I missed out on. Now that things are just GREAT, gas is $4 a gallon? I hope Americans aren't that stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Did anyone else catch the bullshit Barry threw out early on about why gas was $1.80 a gallon when he came in? Because things were so bad with the economy, gas was cheap. Really? I literally fell off of the sofa. So when gas was a $1 a gallon in 1999, we must have been in a damn depression that I missed out on. Now that things are just GREAT, gas is $4 a gallon? I hope Americans aren't that stupid.
                    I literally watched in silence when he spoke those words. I could not believe the absolute stupidity that I was hearing.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      you prolly bought facebook stock Mr. jennings
                      No, I like stock in companies with substance and a real product.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Everyone just imagine how the last debates would have gone with a truly fair, unbiased, moderator. In all three debates, more time was given to the libs, they were allowed to interrupt more times, and the moderators quite obviously slanted questions and retorts to the left.
                        Yet Biden and Hussein have failed, and outright lied, in all three.

Comment

• i really cant see why all the polls are saying it was a win for Obama. damn liberal news media

Comment

• Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                            i really cant see why all the polls are saying it was a win for Obama. damn liberal news media
                            Being assertive does not make him the "winner".

Comment

• Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                              i really cant see why all the polls are saying it was a win for Obama. damn liberal news media
                              Because he said the right lies to get the uninformed public to pole for him to win.

It was clear to me half way through, at best it was a statistical tie, or a light win by Obama.
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• sarcasm folks.....

Comment

Working...
                                X