Addax Minerals / Companies offering to buy mineral royalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addax Minerals / Companies offering to buy mineral royalties

Got two letters over the past week about a company named Addax Minerals that offers to buy 7 - 10 years of your royalty checks in one lump sum (obviously at a less rate than you would get if you waited the full term)

I'm interested in this as my wife and I are close to paying off her College Loans and wouldn't mind a check (if it's substantial enough) and we are moving in the next 2 or so years, so I should cash in now before we leave.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

If it's any company that deals with crap sucked out of the earth, they are looking to fuck you over in one way or another. Count on it.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      If it's any company that deals with crap sucked out of the earth, they are looking to fuck you over in one way or another. Count on it.
      Then become Amish and stop consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Got two letters over the past week about a company named Addax Minerals that offers to buy 7 - 10 years of your royalty checks in one lump sum (obviously at a less rate than you would get if you waited the full term)

I'm interested in this as my wife and I are close to paying off her College Loans and wouldn't mind a check (if it's substantial enough) and we are moving in the next 2 or so years, so I should cash in now before we leave.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?
        What kind of royalty checks have you been getting? I got two $1 checks since 2006.
        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Here ya go:
          Chesapeake has been drilling in my area for a few years now. We all signed leases when they started. So far, we received two royalty checks for $1 each. Now they are offering to buy the mineral rights for $1500 and up, depending on the size of your lot. Anyone else getting this? Are you selling them? Yes/No? Why? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
            What kind of royalty checks have you been getting? I got two $1 checks since 2006.
            Nothing yet, they just finished the well drilling and have put their pipes/equipment in. I just signed the lease about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              Nothing yet, they just finished the well drilling and have put their pipes/equipment in. I just signed the lease about a year ago.
              Didn't know a renter could get royalty checks

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                He signed the mineral rights lease.

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                    lol, just noticed this...not renting.

We own our house (er the bank does and we just bend over every month) and we have .366 acres. Already leased the mineral rights...

Comment

Working...
                    X