DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #21
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
How much water are you drinking?
A crap ton. I have a mini fridge behind my desk full of water.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #22
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

as of this morning I'm down to 228.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #23
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

This weekend I hit a new low of 224lb. We did have a cheat meal at or favorite local Mexican restraint, but even then we shared a meal, and didn't eat the beans and rice.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #24
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

I'm a little in shock right now, because this morning I was 212.6lb! Can't believe that when I started this thread in early April I was 241. Such a difference in how much I enjoy life. I was playing sand volleyball Saturday and didn't die. lol
Old 06-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #25
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Nicely done
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #26
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
I'm a little in shock right now, because this morning I was 212.6lb! Can't believe that when I started this thread in early April I was 241. Such a difference in how much I enjoy life. I was playing sand volleyball Saturday and didn't die. lol
Congratulations. Keep it up!!

Watched a really good documentary called The Magic Pill. Easy way to explain to folks you care about about health and the life improvements over carb diets.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #27
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
Congratulations. Keep it up!!

Watched a really good documentary called The Magic Pill. Easy way to explain to folks you care about about health and the life improvements over carb diets.
We watched that too. I feel so much better since I quit sugar. Biggest thing I've noticed is I don't really snack anymore. I mean I'm rarely hungry these days. My wife is the same way. Also really awesome is my daughter is learning responsible eating from us.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #28
SS Junk
Lifer

Had blood work done after being on keto for around 8 months now. I have family history on both sides with high BP and cholesterol. Mine's always been high especially during the smoking years.
As of now BP, triglycerides and hdl are all normal. LDL is high as of now. Going to continue keto and do a MCT oil daily dose and retest in 3 months. If that doesn't work then I'll start the atorvastatin pill popping bullshit.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
Mach1
rm -rf /

I am also on the Keto bandwagon, 1.5 months in, down 10 lbs, I feel better than I have in years, my blood pressure went up though and my pulse is higher now, going for blood work soon.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #30
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

As of Sunday morning I'm 209lb. I haven't been this light in a long time. My wife has also lost quite a bit. She was running around the house all excited yesterday because she fit in a size 8 pair of jeans. I'm down in a large size shirt and am past due on buying new pants. I think I'm going to go to my boss and ask for smaller shirts. that's a great feeling!
Old 07-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #31
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
As of Sunday morning I'm 209lb. I haven't been this light in a long time. My wife has also lost quite a bit. She was running around the house all excited yesterday because she fit in a size 8 pair of jeans. I'm down in a large size shirt and am past due on buying new pants. I think I'm going to go to my boss and ask for smaller shirts. that's a great feeling!
I’m at the point that I am doing 1-2 day carb cycling to maintain. I went back to the gym and (of course) proceeded to drop a few more lbs and went below my maintenance weight threshold. I’m wearing pants and shorts I haven’t worn in years. I have several pairs of jeans I can’t wear because they’re too loose and fit stupid with a belt cinched around them to hold them up. Keep trucking Holmes! Great work! We’re in it with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #32
Gasser64
Lifer

Somebody talk about that chemical in dynamite that might kill you but makes you lose all fat rapidly.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #33
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Somebody talk about that chemical in dynamite that might kill you but makes you lose all fat rapidly.
DNP? I wouldn’t touch the shit. It can cause retinal separation as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #34
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Sounds like something a fool might try.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:02 AM   #35
BP
infidel

Quote:
Meth works better and gets you high.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #36
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Had blood work done after being on keto for around 8 months now. I have family history on both sides with high BP and cholesterol. Mine's always been high especially during the smoking years.
As of now BP, triglycerides and hdl are all normal. LDL is high as of now. Going to continue keto and do a MCT oil daily dose and retest in 3 months. If that doesn't work then I'll start the atorvastatin pill popping bullshit.
The hardest thing convincing my doctor regarding cholesterol numbers was to drop taking Lipitor/Atorvastatin. I was able to show it was no long needed by dropping from 40 mg (the maximum) to 20 mg, then to 10 mg (the minimum) and finally to 10 mg every other day. Granted that if you do need to take it after all due to the genetic factor, it does do an effective job at lowering LDL levels.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #37
War Machine
Lifer

with low carb diets, one cholesterol reading will be normal and other high. I have been doing low carb off and on for the past 7 or 8 years, I lose 20 lbs, get off, gain it back, back on, etc
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #38
War Machine
Lifer

btw, get yourself an immersion cooker, its the best investment you can make with low carb.
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #39
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Finally, finally back in ketosis. Had been out virtually since mid may. Did a 24hr fast after a week of low carb no sugar. At a huge base with TONS of food choices. So Keto is much earlier to stick to. Already dropping weight again and cleaning up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #40
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Granted that if you do need to take it after all due to the genetic factor, it does do an effective job at lowering LDL levels.
I've heard now that LDL levels aren't as important as triglycerides. I don't know what to believe at this point. Goal is to just have everything at acceptable levels.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kimura ok w/ fatness, nay only eat white dik, ruff cnc own dumbass, ruff is fucking stupid, ruff is retarded