Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 I'll be friends with AnthonyS for this nonsense...electric lemons - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be friends with AnthonyS for this nonsense...electric lemons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be friends with AnthonyS for this nonsense...electric lemons

24 hours of lemons now has an all electric class and they are allowing a lot of leeway here. Swappable packs!

I know that most of you reading this will see that the 24 Hours of Lemons is making a special Electric Class and immediately think “Wow, I guess electric cars are shitboxes now. So this is what the future feels like.” And, really, that’s the whole point. If there’s anything in the automotive world that says that EVs…

Don't most of them run like shit once the motors get hot? Doesn't seem like it would work all that well.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Don't most of them run like shit once the motors get hot? Doesn't seem like it would work all that well.
      I think anything in the last 10 years will have cooled motors and batteries, but even at that it's a bigger problem for long term reliability than a 1 day event.

I'd worry more about batteries going into thermal runaway...so basically just having a good exit plan is half the battle.

Most of the fun would be in cooking the thing off anyways.

Comment

Someone tried that several years ago and it was as expected a complete shit-show. Today a lot has changed with all the battery technology for the $$$. I bet you could actually do well with a gutted Leaf running some kind of highly modified battery location that would allow you to swap the packs out quickly. I imagine it would still cost a fortune to have as many battery packs needed along with the charging setup.

Comment

How about a Honda generator strapped in the trunk? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Someone tried that several years ago and it was as expected a complete shit-show. Today a lot has changed with all the battery technology for the $$$. I bet you could actually do well with a gutted Leaf running some kind of highly modified battery location that would allow you to swap the packs out quickly. I imagine it would still cost a fortune to have as many battery packs needed along with the charging setup.
            Agreed...it would be hard to make many mods that arent very costly in the battery department. You would almost need a sponsorship from a battery vendor to make it reasonable because that can easily reach several thousand.

Though I do wonder if you can use primary lithiums...that would be awesome and a huge weight saver.

Either way I would expect a fire in the first few years and when they have to deal with just 1 lithium battery fire they will rethink the involvement of electric cars.

WE CAN BE THAT FIRE!!!!!

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            How about a Honda generator strapped in the trunk? lol
            Like a Chevy volt?!

Comment

Don has a caged festiva in my back yard that yall need for this. No motor/trans.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Don has a caged festiva in my back yard that yall need for this. No motor/trans.
                If it’s in the yard, it’s for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  If it’s in the yard, it’s for sale.
                  it's absolutely for sale.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                  X