fish tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    Lyn does not really like fish, except catfish and tilapia, so those are my fish choices. I heat a skillet with some olive oil, rinse the fish and coat it with Cajun Seasoning. Takes about 7-9 minutes or so to cook.

I use flower tortillas (the low carb kind for me) and add some cole slaw and thousand island dressing mixed with a little chipotle spice. Pretty easy to make, and taste good!
    When it comes around again, you need to try some copper river salmon. You can only get it a few weeks a year. It will change her mind about salmon, as its nothing like any you've tried.

Oh, and Tabasco sucks. Cholula ftw!
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      When it comes around again, you need to try some copper river salmon. You can only get it a few weeks a year. It will change her mind about salmon, as its nothing like any you've tried.

Oh, and Tabasco sucks. Cholula ftw!
      Tried it last year I think, she didn't like it. Got some smoked salmon several years ago when she was in Seattle, she didn't like that either (had a big box of fresh seafood packed in dry ice she brought home on the plane).

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Tried it last year I think, she didn't like it. Got some smoked salmon several years ago when she was in Seattle, she didn't like that either (had a big box of fresh seafood packed in dry ice she brought home on the plane).
        Well then. lol. A lot of people that don't like salmon regularly, love the CR salmon.

Has she tried Mahi mahi? It's a white fish, but more meaty than tilapia.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Orange roughy and flounder also works well for fish taco's.
          Both are firm white meat and mild flavored

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
            theres a place here in frisco called yucatan taco stand that makes some bad ass fish tacos. Ive also tried making them and they're just not the same LOL
            That place kicks ass, thier burrito bowls are awesome

Comment

Here is the slaw recipe. You can use any type of coleslaw in a bag or chop up your own cabbage. I like the angel hair type from the store.

Ingredients
              1 10 oz. package angel hair coleslaw
              1 carrot shredded
              3 green onions chopped
              1 large or 2 small jalapenos diced and seeded (seeding is optional)
              ¼ cup mayo (depending on how creamy you like yours)
              1/3 cup chopped cilantro
              ¼ cup lime juice
              ¼ cup sugar
              Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a large bowl mix together the cabbage, carrot, jalapeno and green onion. Set aside.
              Mix the mayo, cilantro, lime, sugar, and pepper. Add more seasoning to taste if needed.
              Now mix into the coleslaw mix and enjoy!
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Well then. lol. A lot of people that don't like salmon regularly, love the CR salmon.

Has she tried Mahi mahi? It's a white fish, but more meaty than tilapia.
                I think she has gotten Mahi Mahi when we go out, but it has to be cooked really well for her to eat it. She's picky...

Comment

nice
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                    That place kicks ass, thier burrito bowls are awesome
                    Just ate there again tonight. The cilantro lime chicken nachos are the shit fyi

Comment

Working...
                    X